MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana Announces Chael vs Anderson   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

GSP has a better chance of getting Silva down than Chael, because GSP is faster. Maia took Chael down with a throw, but could not get anywhere near Silva. Most fighters in the MW and LHW division have a huge disadvantage when presented with Sillva's speed and reflexes. Chael could take him down for 5 rounds, I just think GSP could do it much easier with his speed,, and it would be a beutiful thing to watch GSP and Silva exchange strikes. Silva would out power GSP in the striking, but GSP has very good kickboxing and could hold his own enough than shoot. At ww i bet GSP would win vs Silva, at MW, not so much.

Bowen50 » Posted 6/21/07 12:42:00PM

i hope Sonnen takes this fight more than anything. i want to see 5 rounds of Sonnen on top pounding Anderson's face in.

placente » Posted 6/15/07 8:41:00PM

i think we are gonna see a continuation of Maia vs Silva, chael will be too careful to shoot, and anderson will just take his time and jab away. I just dont understand why Dana keeps giving him grapplers!!! it makes no sense, hasn't he thought for a minute that Anderson might do the same thing against Chael? GOD!! stupid Dana

MMA-San » Posted 4/17/09 10:47:00PM

Posted by placente

i think we are gonna see a continuation of Maia vs Silva, chael will be too careful to shoot, and anderson will just take his time and jab away. I just dont understand why Dana keeps giving him grapplers!!! it makes no sense, hasn't he thought for a minute that Anderson might do the same thing against Chael? GOD!! stupid Dana

Sonnen will not be too careful to shoot. Sonnen always brings the fight at 100%. Plus, he's going to piss Silva off. If Silva taunts Chael, Chael will spit in his face.

EliasG » Posted 10/20/07 12:55:00AM

I don't think you dictate to a fighter how to fight hwen they are the champ and no one can beat them. Do you want them to be more agressive? Sure. I would prefer a guy like Mayweather with all of his superiour defense and counter punching, bring it to guys htat he has outclassed and KO guys that he is capable of destroying. But it's not in the make up of counter punchers pyschologically to attack. They look for openings, they don't open up to create them. And it WORKS! I know it isn't as entertaining but it works. They can cut him but then he'd get fed aggressive fighters by other organizations and he'd absolutely destroy them----and get paid more.

He currently is one of the best fighters in the world, can't pick who he fights, doesn't control his ppv revenue, and doesn't even make 1 million per fight. Would you want to be in his contract? He's not gonna "lose" a fight but I think he "might" be sandbagging some of these. If he gets cut he's no longer contractually obligated leaves untainted, gets on network TV and then wows the crap out of people. I remember all the Silva haters...until he impressively KO'd Griffin...and then I remember all the Silva jockers. Whatever, people are fickle. If he 'entertains' people they'll flock back to him. Talent, ability, and superiority is not in question.

Btw, I don't think Chael stands a chance but I will give him that he's improved since losing to Fihlo.

jgtribbett » Posted 3/15/07 6:33:00PM

Posted by StorminYourman

THERE IS NO WAY SILVA WILL GET CUT AS A CHAMP

also what about Vitor? He has a much better chance being in there and is also a way better fighter

i agree with both this statement and the question posed

Pages: 1 2 [3]

[View Full Version of this Page]