MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Caol Uno cut   [View Full Version]
icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

"ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates -- Lightweight Caol Uno has been released by the UFC. MMA Fighting learned of the news from sources close to the situation Friday.

The Japanese fighter went 0-2-1 since returning to the UFC in June 2009. He most recently lost via first-round TKO to Gleison Tibau at UFN 21 in March"

Article

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Sadly I fear Gomi will follow soon enough.

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Poor Uno, just not what he used to be.

MMA-San » Posted 4/17/09 10:47:00PM

Honestly I thought he was 2-1...thought he beat Fisher and Lentz.

Tibau is a beast though, he has some BS losses on his record as well.

Mr_Dead_Sexy » Posted 3/2/07 9:14:00PM

Posted by MMA-San

Honestly I thought he was 2-1...thought he beat Fisher and Lentz.

Tibau is a beast though, he has some BS losses on his record as well.

He never fought Lentz. It was Camoes that was ruled a draw. But I agree, I thought he beat Fisher pretty clearly. The best move for him at this point is probably cut to 145 and fight in Sengoku or go back to Shooto. I think he'd get worked by most the top guys in the WEC.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

He would, he isn't a very good wrestler and the WEC FW div is full of good wrestlers.

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

they also cut Rob Emerson, Ronnys Torres, Rafaello Oliveria, Jason High from that event...check ufc.com no longer listed on their roster

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

also Buentello, Fabricio Camoes, Chase Gormley

BustedKnuckle » Posted 9/2/09 5:48:00PM

This is the nature of the beast that is the UFC! Best of the Best!!!................sorry for the early ninties cliche! But really it is. And that is what is going to build the sport. The lower teir guys that get cut go to the next org. May it be SF or Bellator, Dream or who ever!! Every major org is seemingly finding "big name" fighters to participate in their fights. Clementi,Uno,Buentello,are just a few of the recent cuts that have power behind their name. I think it's a good thing. The respective fighters would disagree. But it expands the sport as a whole and fills in gaps in those up and coming orgs.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Uno got the kang treatment 3 and your out
I don't know why they would cut high and camoes already
Ufc is cleaning house. Maybe gonna sign some new guys

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

Not really surprising. I was actually surprised that they even signed him in the first place. There aren't many ranked LWs I would pick him to beat.

MMA-San » Posted 4/17/09 10:47:00PM

suprised they got rid of Emmerson...and High so quickly

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

145 I think he would do real good. Gomi just needs a good camp IMO. Sexyama will keep Asian MMA fighters on the map though

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Let's hope so....Wandy will be tough!!

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

145 I think he would do real good. Gomi just needs a good camp IMO. Sexyama will keep Asian MMA fighters on the map though

i agree.

Gomi definitely needs a better camp

[View Full Version of this Page]