MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Roy Nelson says Kimbo Slice has a better ground game then Matt Mitrione   [View Full Version]
MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

“It’s kind of hard to say. Matt has quick hands, Kimbo has power in his hands. It’s going to be a fun fight to watch. Personally you know it’s not a fight that’s going to go to the ground. I think Kimbo probably edges him out on the ground though. You heard it from Roy Nelson, Kimbo edges Matt Mitrione on the ground. I’m just a guy that just sprouts the truth. I hate to say it but that’s just the truth. You remember watching when James McSweeney guillotined Matt Mitrione and Matt Mitrione when he got guillotined he already had his hand out ready to tap? Before he tapped, I’m like, yeah see, I yelled at him and said you just quit. Why you just let someone just punk you into quitting? And he was like, it wasn’t even tight and I’m like, I know it wasn’t even a choke.”
link

link to actual interview

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

I watched the Hopkins/Jones fight the other night, and Sugar Ray Leonard said something that made a lot of sense, he said that as he got older it wasn't his chin that gave out, it was the grazing temple shots that would make his knees weak, and that was the shot that dropped Kimbo in his fight with Petruzelli. Kimbo hasn't looked the same since that fight, he might have improved, but I think this could be a repeat of the Petruzelli fight.

MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

yeah, i'm expecting mitrione to win this. he seems to have heavy hands and a good chin and i'm sure he's improving but you never know....maybe kimbo will throw him, get side control, mount him and then submit him :)

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

hard pick but meathead knocking out glass jaw big baby doesn't mean squat to me
i doubt it goes 3 rounds but if kimbo can get it to the ground and pound him out i see it happening

seanfu » Posted 11/4/07 10:24:00AM

There is no doubt in my mind that Mitrione will knock him out easily. And Mitrione is the better one on the ground due to size. Neiher one has a guard, or wrestling for that matter so I pick Mitrione being the bigger.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

kimbo's been training seriously at ATT, or course he has a better ground game than Mitrione.

Wolf » Posted 1/14/07 11:32:00PM

What's funny is Roy talks about Matt getting submitted by McSweeney via guillotine, but totally ignores the fact that he then fought out of a guillotine from Big Baby. Matt's ground game is a lot better than it looked on the show. He wins this by whatever he feels like that night.

[View Full Version of this Page]