MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Now a "company man," UFN 21's Roy Nelson wants Stefan Struve's "European belt"   [View Full Version]
RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

The wisecracking Roy Nelson is back.

The 6-foot, round-bellied winner of "The Ultimate Fighter 10" has a tall order in front of him – literally – tomorrow when he faces 6-foot-11 Stefan Struve in the Spike TV-televised co-headliner at UFC Fight Night 21 in Charlotte, N.C.

So how do you prepare for that?

Link

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

I think he'll beat struve. Roy's pretty well rounded and not a bad fighter, he's got experience, and toughness. It might not be pretty but he's a solid fighter.

MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

i hope nelson is prepared for this and ends it early.

noahgenda » Posted 5/28/09 4:34:00PM

yeah, im actually a fan of struve, but i think roy is gonna take it. he's a better striker and a better grappler at this point, though struve is slick with his long ass legs on the ground

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i would want the belt too since it's the only belt burger king roy is gonna ever own in the ufc

MisterFreeze » Posted 4/18/09 4:51:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i would want the belt too since it's the only belt burger king roy is gonna ever own in the ufc

lol, true for sure!

I'm just not sure though how Roy's stubby little T-rex arms are gonna be able to reach Struves sky scraping face!

chickmagnet » Posted 7/5/07 2:53:00PM

Nelson is the man. I dont care what anyone says haha. He is alot better than ppl give him credit for.

ianinspain » Posted 4/20/07 8:10:00AM

"Roy's pretty well rounded " - in more ways than one! Sorry, lame gag

He should take it though as Struve's take down defense looks very average at best so Roy should be able to pound out a victory - as long as he does not get on top and effectively tickle the man to submission like he did in TUF!

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

He might not be able to land a punch on the guy's head but I think once it goes to the ground Nelson's size is gonna be the deciding factor against Struve.

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

He might not be able to land a punch on the guy's head but I think once it goes to the ground Nelson's size is gonna be the deciding factor against Struve.

I think Nelson's world class grappling will be more effective than his size.

MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

i'm hype for this card!

BustedKnuckle » Posted 9/2/09 5:48:00PM

Roy is always dogged for his staure. I think he likes it. The guy is a serious threat to anyone in that cage! I can't wait for him to smash Stefan

[View Full Version of this Page]