MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jon Fitch replaces Jake Ellenberger, meets Ben Saunders on UFC 111 main card   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Hours after learning opponent Thiago Alves failed a CT scan and was scratched from the card, his opponent, Jon Fitch (21-3 MMA, 11-1 UFC), has agreed to replace Jake Ellenberger (22-5 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and fight Ben Saunders (8-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) on the UFC 111 pay-per-view main card.

LINK

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Me no like.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

SON OF A...

I hate it when two of my favorite fighters have to fight.

GSP/Hardy
Fitch/Saunders

I was really hoping they'd push Fitch/Alves back 2 weeks and have them fight in Abu Dhabi.

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

F***!
I was really looking forward to Jake Ellenberger.....he's one of my favorite fighters.

Ellenberger has been promised his "show" and "win" money to make up for the UFC's last-minute switch, we're told.

I would hope so.

And according to Junkie, Saunders asked to fight Fitch.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

I'm pretty excited to see Saunders step up in competition, but I think he'll get dragged around for a decision. I'm really hoping to see him knock Fitch out.

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

I thought Fitch vs. Alves was as close to a pick 'em as a UFC fight could be, but I see Fitch absolutely pummeling up Saunders the same way Swick did.

Saunders's clinch always gives him an outside chance, but I can't see him being able to hang in there too long without being taken down.

Fitch is game though. Taking a fight on short notice against a fighter that won't give him much should he win is gutsy.

Posted by gartface

I'm pretty excited to see Saunders step up in competition, but I think he'll get dragged around for a decision. I'm really hoping to see him knock Fitch out.

You can expect your walking papers from Sabotage Inc. soon...

Posted by lohmann

I thought Fitch vs. Alves was as close to a pick 'em as a UFC fight could be, but I see Fitch absolutely pummeling up Saunders the same way Swick did.

Saunders's clinch always gives him an outside chance, but I can't see him being able to hang in there too long without being taken down.

Fitch is game though. Taking a fight on short notice against a fighter that won't give him much should he win is gutsy.

I don't think that Fitch will be able to knock Saunders out. He doesn't have near the speed or power on the feet that Swick does.

And sorry Fleek, just something about him, I just want to see him get beat. He's a warrior and is tough as nails, but I just hate the fact that he's failing to evolve.

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

I think Saunders is biting off to much with this fight. Fitch is a tough, tough dude with awesome wrestling and he's been training to fight a guy almost the same as Saunders but with more power and better TTD.
If its true he asked for this fight he's delusional.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

Saunders is an underdog, but he has the tools to win if he uses them 100%
When Saunders fought Swick, he looked off his game. When he fought Davis, he finished him and looked a lot more confident.
Fitch has to use his ground and pound to finish, he wont be able to get the rear naked on Saunders imo.

Posted by SmileR

I think Saunders is biting off to much with this fight. Fitch is a tough, tough dude with awesome wrestling and he's been training to fight a guy almost the same as Saunders but with more power and better TTD.

The difference though is that Saunders has a much larger reach. That's not something that seems easy to prepare for in a few days. I still think that Fitch will drag him to the mat and grind him out three rounds though.

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Posted by gartface

I don't think that Fitch will be able to knock Saunders out. He doesn't have near the speed or power on the feet that Swick does.

Agreed.

I meant more that Jon Fitch will take Saunders down at will, much like Swick did, and Ben will have no answers for that.

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by SmileR

The difference though is that Saunders has a much larger reach. That's not something that seems easy to prepare for in a few days. I still think that Fitch will drag him to the mat and grind him out three rounds though.

Yup, but Fitch is one tough dude and I'm right with you though. Fitch should be able to take him down at will and G&P him to a pretty easy UD.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

BMF » Posted 1/15/07 11:05:00AM

Fitch can't win any other way then decision. However Saunders is going to ko him in the first round.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]