MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Spike Vs Versus   [View Full Version]
cloud301336 » Posted 7/24/07 12:31:00AM

Now that we've seen UFC events from both T.V. stations, which one would you like to see the UFC on more.

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

I want them on Spike more because I like to watch fights on tv and Versus is not available to me.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

I have both, and I really couldn't tell too much of a difference really. I'd like them to just continue showing on both, the more fights the better.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by gartface

I have both, and I really couldn't tell too much of a difference really. I'd like them to just continue showing on both, the more fights the better.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

The production value wasn't any different from the Spike broadcasts.

skitzo » Posted 7/10/09 2:27:00PM

I personally thought Versus had more commercials than Spike's broadcast, but I could have just been extra impatient last night.... Seriously though, it really doesn't matter to me, because I get to watch them both and they are both technically free.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by gartface

The production value wasn't any different from the Spike broadcasts.

Exactly.

Zuffa has 100% control over the broadcasts, I believe. This is why they couldn't strike deals with CBS, Showtime, etc. Those networks weren't willing to give 100% control to Zuffa.

Of course, I could be wrong...it's happened before.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by skitzo

I personally thought Versus had more commercials than Spike's broadcast, but I could have just been extra impatient last night.... Seriously though, it really doesn't matter to me, because I get to watch them both and they are both technically free.

I would have welcomed commercials. I got stuck watching the same ad over and over on the stream from UFC.com. It was like the ads that are shown repeatedly prior to movies.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i got both
i couldn't see a difference but the comp stats for carwin, gsp were pretty cool

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

I would go with VS because my Comcast has VS in HD and not Spike

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva

I'm the baddest man alive

skitzo » Posted 7/10/09 2:27:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by skitzo

I would have welcomed commercials. I got stuck watching the same ad over and over on the stream from UFC.com. It was like the ads that are shown repeatedly prior to movies.

That would get annoying real fast.

Jswizz80 » Posted 4/18/09 7:11:00PM

I wood stay with spike... Because theres a lot of fight fans, who live in other places than the city , that don't get VS in there area.

king_katool » Posted 3/8/08 3:32:00PM

i gotta say versus, not because they're better then spike but because in Canada we dont get Vs so it comes in on other sports stations, and i get those in HD,

example: last night Detroit played Pittsburgh(hockey) on VS, and i watched it on TSN, the fights on sunday were on rogers sportsnet

Kaem » Posted 11/15/07 8:23:00AM

MMA in HD is awesome, Im in canada so ill go with the vrs coverage.

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Posted by king_katool

i gotta say versus, not because they're better then spike but because in Canada we dont get Vs so it comes in on other sports stations, and i get those in HD,

example: last night Detroit played Pittsburgh(hockey) on VS, and i watched it on TSN, the fights on sunday were on rogers sportsnet

I didn't think I would get the fights, so I was pretty stoked when i found out that they were playing on sportsnet

And in my opinion they should definitely keep playing it on both if it really does mean that we will get to see more fights. It was a pretty good card for a free one and the fights were exciting to me so why not continue broadcasting on both for sure.

[View Full Version of this Page]