Some choices
Forum Opinion Poll
Kimbo Slice 18 38%
Chuck Liddell 6 13%
Forrest Griffin 3 6%
Rampage 2 4%
Pat Barry 11 23%
Crocop 7 15%

Who do you believe James Toney should fight first in the UFC?   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
StorminYourman » Posted 1/24/07 5:45:00PM

Randy Couture wants first dibs but i beleive no sanctioning body in there right mind would let that fight happen.Above are some choices but feel free to mention some other ones.All fighters would want this fight because simply put you are in the main event.I also cannot see Dana putting Toney in there with a good submision or takedown guy for his first fight.

Edit- Wand. Silva would also be a great first match!

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

I've read somewhere that someone had the idea of putting him against Kimbo first. Then depending on whether he wins or loses he fighters the winner/loser of Chuck vs Tito.
I like this idea, and it seems any of those three possible fights would make big money.

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

On the list I picked Kimbo but I can honestly see him getting a good wrestler or sub guy. Dana has always said boxers wont last in MMA and I honestly think he's brought Toney in as a sacrificial lamb to prove his point.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

StorminYourman » Posted 1/24/07 5:45:00PM

Posted by SmileR

On the list I picked Kimbo but I can honestly see him getting a good wrestler or sub guy. Dana has always said boxers wont last in MMA and I honestly think he's brought Toney in as a sacrificial lamb to prove his point.

That is a good point but i think he(Dana) wants to let him go against a striker to get beat at his own game.IMHO at his age we will not be able to take 5 minute rounds at his age and fitness level.However if Toney is the great athlete he claims to be we might see an upset and boxing writers going crazy with how boxers are the greatest fighters ever.

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Posted by StorminYourman

Posted by SmileR

That is a good point but i think he(Dana) wants to let him go against a striker to get beat at his own game.IMHO at his age we will not be able to take 5 minute rounds at his age and fitness level.However if Toney is the great athlete he claims to be we might see an upset and boxing writers going crazy with how boxers are the greatest fighters ever.

Thats what I'm thinking as well. If he fights someone like CroCop I have very little doubt he'll KO him with his power and ability to push through punches. Which would be a huge loss for MMA and do nothing but fuel the fire from boxing nut huggers that boxers are the worlds best fighters!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA » Posted 1/8/08 1:42:00AM

Cro cop , Barry or Hardonk so he can take one kick and quit faster then Mercer did against Bonjasky .

seanfu » Posted 11/4/07 10:24:00AM

He should fight Macho Man Randy savage and Ray Mysterio in a ladder match. Kimbo gets the winner in Ultimania in July.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

probably kimbo

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

If he gets cro-cop, theres no way he wins that fight. Ever seen what happens when someone who has never checked a kick before get kicked in the leg? Devastation.

Ever seen what happens when someone with a couple years of muay thai conditioning recieves a cro-cop level leg kick? Devastation.

Can you even imagine the look on someones face who has never even kicked a thai pad, when they recieve a cro-cop level leg kick? i can. I think Toney's twig legs will be destroyed if practically anyone kicks him.

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

Posted by seanfu

He should fight Macho Man Randy savage and Ray Mysterio in a ladder match. Kimbo gets the winner in Ultimania in July.

AWESOME!

pinoymixplaya » Posted 6/27/07 10:17:00PM

I definitely think its going to be Kimbo, seeing as how his fight with Meathead got pulled of the UFC website....

costellomma » Posted 3/2/10 12:52:00PM

FEED HIM TO:
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
or
Frank Mir

They will take his arm home.

mkiv9secsupra » Posted 1/30/07 1:49:00AM

I seriously hope its not Kimbo...Its just going to be fuel for anti-mma/pro-boxing fans since Kimbo will get mauled by even an old James Toney.... Page would be a good fight. Maybe even put him in the with Thiago Silva...

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

im guessing danas paying toney pretty well so i would think he wants to give him a cnance to win therefore it will be kimbo. id love to see randy get in there with him, but the media loves kimbo and that sells PPV buys making that all the more likely.

Aleks_Smash » Posted 7/24/09 10:29:00AM

Simply put the cash cow is Toney vs Kimbo on Spike TV in April. Thats the fight every single person should want to see. It is a fair match up for MMA Skills and Kimbo actually has the advantage in MMA skills. (LOL to say that last sentence ever).

Heres my top 5 picks outside of Kimbo.

1. James Irvin

2. Pat Barry

3. Cheick Kongo

4. Keith Jardine

5. Antoni Hardonk

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]