MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Tim Sylvia vs. Mariusz Pudzianowski   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
StorminYourman » Posted 1/24/07 5:45:00PM

Like a 59 car pile up plus a train and helicopter up on the highway.You know you should not look but how can you not when something this awsome comes along.

A matchup between former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia and five-time “World’s Strongest Man” Mariusz Pudzianowski is scheduled to headline an April 23 event in Worcester, Massachusetts near Boston, according to the Boston Herald.

The card, co-promoted by Eric “Butterbean” Esch and Korean-based promotion Moosin, is also slated to include UFC veterans Rich Clementi, Yves Edwards, and Houston Alexander
link to train wreck

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

I don't know what has gotten into Timmy's head, Mariusz is going to destroy him unless he drops him early. I don't think Tim will ever be back to the big time unless he get's his ass to Strikeforce and starts fighting real fights again.

papercut » Posted 3/3/07 4:18:00PM

if tim gets hit with those vicious leg kicks he could be in for a short night.... my prediction Marius (t)ko via broken leg

seanfu » Posted 11/4/07 10:24:00AM

Why is he such a favorite? I despise timmy and think he'll barely stay top 20 but all his oponent brings is a lot of muscle and kicks.

I would think Tim would wreck him or at least win by really sloppy TKO. I figured Mariusz will gass really badly by round 2 and Timmy would knock him out.

TimW001 » Posted 3/30/07 6:31:00PM

Hahahaha I am excited to see this! Haha

This looks better than ufc 109.

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

If this fight happens then I will take it as proof that there is indeed a God. And God is awesome.

Jride » Posted 5/13/09 9:34:00PM

WheelchairBandit » Posted 7/14/08 1:31:00AM

If Mariuz is smart,he throws zero kicks,takes Tim down immediatley,and donkey kongs him until the ref pulls him off.

If he goes in there throwing those sloppy kicks,Tim is going to Ricco him.

Brian.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Good stuff (as long as these matchups stay out of the major promotions). If Big Tim has a 1/4th of his skill remaining he should be able to punish MP.

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

lol this is going to be interesting

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

I refuse to watch this fight.

Tim Sylvia has not made the right choice in years. Leaving the UFC to lose to the greatest heavyweight of all time is tolerable, but spending the time afterwards fighting freakshows that, win or lose, will not put him on a path back to something befitting his past confuses me.

Four fights ago Tim Sylvia soundly whooped Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira for two rounds in a title fight. I just don't get it.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by lohmann

Tim Sylvia has not made the right choice in years. Leaving the UFC to lose to the greatest heavyweight of all time is tolerable, but spending the time afterwards fighting freakshows that, win or lose, will not put him on a path back to something befitting his past confuses me.

Four fights ago Tim Sylvia soundly whooped Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira for two rounds in a title fight. I just don't get it.

Well, in all honesty, Tim created this situation with his last fight. For his pay grade, nobody with a name has a benefit of fighting him right now.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Sylvia isn't going to submit Mariusz, anybody that thinks Sylvia is going to win this is crazy, Mariusz is going to bull rush Sylvia and pound him out, I would guess 45 seconds.

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

I don't get why everybody is in love with a bodybuilder who fought one nobody. By this logic the WWE's roster should be dominating MMA.

edit: He's a strongman, not a bodybuilder. Still no reason to believe he won't be unconscious in less than a minute.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by lohmann

I totally agree with you. I also don't understand how anyone thinks Big Tim could lose this fight. I mean, anyone has a punchers chance, but Tim is absolutely the better fighter. Every where. By far.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]