MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Phil Davis makes quick return, meets Alexander Gustafsson on UFC 112 prelims   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Despite some concerns about his availability due to a possible shoulder injury, Phil Davis (5-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) apparently received encouraging MRI results and has agreed to fight fellow light heavyweight Alexander Gustafsson (9-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) in April at UFC 112.

Sources close to the event confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the bout is in the process of being finalized for the night's preliminary card.

Gustafsson mentioned the fight in an official blog posting earlier today.

The bout was first reported as a possibility by MMAFrenzy.com over the weekend.

LINK

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

I like the sounds of this and it doesnt look like theyre giving Davis any tin cans eaither, Gustafsson is one tough fighter and if he can take him out then that speaks for itself.

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

davis definitely will get his chin tested if he stands but if he wouldn't stand with Stann I don't think he'll risk anything in this fight either. I think he'll do alot better though especially with trying to finish. I think he definitely should win this fight. Would like to see him finish but for now I'll stay with the UD, he wrestling is just sick.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I don't see Davis standing much in this one he will be working this one to the mat ASAP if not lights my go out.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i think alexander will drop him

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

Was very impressed with Davis in his debut fight...however Gustafsson is no joke and has great striking. I think Davis can control the fight with his superior wrestling though and either win by TKO in the later rounds or UD. Only being 5-0 in MMA, I don't see Davis taking many risks this early in his career.

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i think alexander will drop him

chickmagnet » Posted 7/5/07 2:53:00PM

Gustaffson by KO

SamPan » Posted 2/17/09 12:13:00AM

Theyre two of the biggest LHW prospects. Why have these guys fight each other already?

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

Posted by SamPan

Theyre two of the biggest LHW prospects. Why have these guys fight each other already?

They have to step it up sooner or later. This is the highest level of the sport. No need to baby fighters just so they can keep a 0 in the loss column.

[View Full Version of this Page]