MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Willing to jump weight classes, WEC's Urijah Faber open to rematch with UFC's Tyson Griffin   [View Full Version]
karn501 » Posted 12/7/09 1:09:00PM

link LAS VEGAS – In Urijah Faber's dominant days as WEC featherweight champion, he always had a blemish on his perfect record.

In September 2005, an unknown 21-year-old upstart named Tyson Griffin handed him his first loss in nine fights to take the Gladiator Challenge lightweight title. Shortly after, Faber realized he was too small for the division and dropped 10 pounds to fight at featherweight.

Fans and media often ask if he'd like a rematch with Griffin, and the answer always has been no; 145 pounds suits him just fine.

But during a Q&A session for UFC Fight Club members on Thursday, Faber said he recently had reconsidered that longstanding statement.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

That would be awesome, I would love to see that rematch or else a fight with Gomi.

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

If anything, Faber should be thinking about moving down to 135.

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Posted by ncordless

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by ncordless

yeah

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

I'm pretty sure Griffin/Faber was actually fought at 145 and it was Griffin's only journey to 145.

seanfu » Posted 11/4/07 10:24:00AM

If I just saw Jose Aldo do that to the guy who kicked my ass twice I'd be ready to try fighting somewhere else as well.

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

I think Urijiah is too small for 155 and I also think he should be focused on Jose Aldo, who is a killer.

[View Full Version of this Page]