MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 109 Fighter Payouts   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

The NSAC has revealed the official fighter payouts from last night's UFC 109. The total disclosed payouts were $944,000 with the biggest share-$250,000-going to Randy Couture.

Article

EvenFlow » Posted 11/9/08 6:40:00PM

28,000 for Melvin to 4,000 for Torres? especially with the decision something is very wrong with this picture. This reminds me of Omigawa vs Sandro where a guy leaves his homeland and family in Brazil only to be screwed like this in another guys home country and get such a weak paycheck for a fight that he shouldve won.

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

Posted by EvenFlow

28,000 for Melvin to 4,000 for Torres? especially with the decision something is very wrong with this picture. This reminds me of Omigawa vs Sandro where a guy leaves his homeland and family in Brazil only to be screwed like this in another guys home country and get such a weak paycheck for a fight that he shouldve won.

Well, Melvin has been fighting for UFC for a while. Clearly, MMA isn't like most professions but I do think that maybe seniority and drawing power have something to do with one's pay.

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by EvenFlow

Well, Melvin has been fighting for UFC for a while. Clearly, MMA isn't like most professions but I do think that maybe seniority and drawing power have something to do with one's pay.

I have to explain it further, ok, I dont think he's worth 28k, he'll be released soon unless he gets some gimmes and steps down in competition.

~

lll-lll » Posted 7/13/07 10:19:00AM

I kinda like Guillard. I didn't at firs tat all, but he won me over in the Tibia fight when he kept coming vs a guy who didn't seem to want to fight. I even had Tibia winning the fight, but I thought as a fan Guillard deserve to win. I'll give him credit that he brings it. He has zero ground game, but he brings it every fight.

Posted by lll-lll

I kinda like Guillard. I didn't at firs tat all, but he won me over in the Tibia fight when he kept coming vs a guy who didn't seem to want to fight. I even had Tibia winning the fight, but I thought as a fan Guillard deserve to win. I'll give him credit that he brings it. He has zero ground game, but he brings it every fight.

This leads me to believe youre a boxing fan, wrestling is a part of mixed martial arts and IS considering fighting. It's not Tibau's job to stand with Melvin, Melvin has to learn how to nullify good as or better wrestlers or hes going to sink like he always has.

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

Matt Serra raking it in god damn plus with his KOTN bonus he will be swimming in gourmet meatballs

matt_black » Posted 6/21/07 7:42:00PM

lmao, excellent, i want gourmet meatballs now..

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by EvenFlow

But Melvins base pay was 14,000, which isn't really unfair when you consider how long Melvin has been in the UFC and he's had a fair amount of success.

DaMaGeInC » Posted 6/2/07 3:04:00AM

and to think i seen joey beltran take out houston alexander in tulsa a month ago he's been busy,

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Matt Serra raking it in god damn plus with his KOTN bonus he will be swimming in gourmet meatballs

It's good to be a former UFC Champion. They always get more.

[View Full Version of this Page]