MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Florida Commission Approves Bobby Lashley vs Jimmy Ambriz, But Strikeforce Isn't Sure if They Still Want Him   [View Full Version]
RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

Strikeforce officials had some matchmaking problems when the Florida State Boxing Commission vetoed the original fight between Lashley and Yohan Banks, stating that it was a clear mismatch. Shortly after, they've submitted a new opponent, in the journeyman super heavyweight, Jimmy Ambriz (14-12-1). The commission has approved the bout, but there may still be some issues as Strikeforce might still be considering other options.

Link

RearNakedJoke » Posted 8/11/08 6:25:00PM

i guess a 300+ pound guy with 2 weeks to prepare isnt an easy enough opponent for lashley.

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

I wonder why, not to sh*t talk, but do they honestly think Ambriz will pose a threat to Lashley? I'd think Lashley would TKO him in the 1st rd.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Maybe it's not about that, maybe they're worried about him not showing up to fight and going bo cantrell on them? You don't want to look like a joke because of a guy collecting a pay check.

CwB » Posted 2/27/07 2:05:00PM

Posted by cmill21

Maybe it's not about that, maybe they're worried about him not showing up to fight and going bo cantrell on them? You don't want to look like a joke because of a guy collecting a pay check.

Ya im pretty sure there not worried about lashley losing this one

RandyCouture » Posted 8/19/07 1:06:00PM

lol if lashley loses to this guy well see him on the next season of heavyweights tuf haha.

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

Lashley by 1st rd KO for sure, I hope they don't baby him forever, he's gonna have to fight someone that matters one day, Id like to see him fight Rodgers

seanfu » Posted 11/4/07 10:24:00AM

I kinda support Lashley doin what he's doin. He wants experience. He probably still has so much to learn that his team doesn't want him jumping in the deep end. Even though he'd win fights, he's be nowhere near what he could be if he pace himself oponent wise.

Fjaschler » Posted 1/9/10 10:01:00PM

Apparently John Devine is in the mix too. Either way, regardless of who he ends up with it should be a cakewalk for him. I'm not sure who would be better for him to test his striking on.

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Lashley by 1st rd KO for sure, I hope they don't baby him forever, he's gonna have to fight someone that matters one day, Id like to see him fight Rodgers

I don't think he's being brought along any slower than he should be, it's only his 5th fight after all.

[View Full Version of this Page]