MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Rousimar Palhares meets Thomas Drwal at UFC 111 in New Jersey   [View Full Version]
RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

The UFC's second trip to The Garden State has another fight to its lineup.A middleweight match-up pitting submission ace Rousimar Palhares (10-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) against the heavy-handed Thomasz Drwal (17-2-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) will be finalized shortly for UFC 111, sources close to the situation told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). Both fighters have agreed to the match-up and are expected to turn in bout agreements this week.

Link

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Drwal should have a decent height advantage here....but Palhares just forces the fight to the ground. Im thinking either Palhares by submission or Drwal by tko. They both have a win over lucio linhares.

tepid55 » Posted 2/4/07 2:11:00PM

I like Palhares' chances in this fight.

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

Pretty bad style matchup for Drwal, I'm not sure how good his ground game is...from what I've seen from him, he's primarily a striker.

I think Palhares takes a leg home w/ him in this one.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by tepid55

I like Palhares' chances in this fight.

I'm quite the opposite. Palhares is lost on the feet, and Drwal is a pretty big middlweight. I think he should be able to keep it on the feet for long enough to knock Rousimar's block off.

titorican » Posted 1/15/07 6:05:00PM

Should be a great fight. I like both of these guys. Classic striker-grappler match up.

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

Yeah, I like this matchup, too. Should be a fun finish however it ends.

Drwal has looked scary in his last few fights. Provided he can defend the takedown, it's his fight to lose imo.

mach » Posted 6/7/08 9:51:00PM

c'mon son

drwal is going to get murdered

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

great matchup too bad it is not on main card

i doubt it will go 3 rounds

[View Full Version of this Page]