Your thoughts on Imus
Forum Opinion Poll
Hang Him 3 14%
Give Him a Break 3 14%
Big Deal Black rip on Whites alll the time 15 71%

Imus   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
jdubs » Posted 2/26/07 10:45:00PM

I think he needs to let his balls drop and stop playing into the game of al sharpton, he apologized already.

Zvonimir » Posted 2/8/07 12:59:00AM

You forgot "Who gives a shit" as a poll choice. (and I'm black.)

zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

Imus is a moron. I tried listening to him and lasted about 10 minutes. What people find funny with him is beyond me. He's a miserable old man

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

jdubs » Posted 2/26/07 10:45:00PM

Posted by Zvonimir

hmm. i take it you mean this was blown out of proportion?

I think he deserved to be suspended and/or fired, but I am tired of hearing about it. He will get punished so why are people still talking about it and giving this guy more attention than he deserves? And yes it was blown out of proportion to an extent (not that I condone what was said.)

hcazlekker » Posted 2/8/07 3:02:00PM

Posted by jdubs

Posted by Zvonimir

hmm. i take it you mean this was blown out of proportion?

I think this was seriously blown out of proportion.

Imus has apologized. Now he should be ignored. I think the amount of attention the media has given Imus over his comments has only escalated racial tension.

Trapt1nw0nder » Posted 2/1/07 12:30:00AM

Waht is an Imus?

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

I think he should have been man enough to stick to his guns, rather than putting up with a dirtbag like Al Sharpton. Welcome to America, where you can say anything you want. If people don't like it, they don't have to listen to his show. If the station owners lose money because of it, they can fire him. I just don't like seeing grown men going around begging and apologizing in such situations.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

I just flipped past MSNBC and he got fired, so hopefully we don't have to hear about this douche anymore.

roadking95th » Posted 1/17/07 2:43:00PM

He has made these kinda of coments for years. He has just made the mistake of picking on the wrong group. Bill Maher is much more ignorant in his rants, but he is still on. Don't get me wrong, Bill should stay on, if that is what his employers want, but he is not getting flamed.

Trapt1nw0nder » Posted 2/1/07 12:30:00AM

I went with "give him a break"...and by that i mean an Anderson Silva knee to the face..

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

While I don't like the grandstanding that goes on , even after the apology, I don't like
Imus. He's always seemed like an elitist to me. I listened to his show for about a month straight when I used to work construction a long time ago. My boss would always bring his radio and listen to him, and I didn't think he was even a tenth as clever as he thought himself to be. I was glad when I quit that job.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

hes lost all his big sponsors and msnbc took his show off of the air, as far as radio goes he might stick around, but smacker hit it on the head with the elitist comment. the guy is just a complete douche who gets off at the sound of his own voice and laughs harder than anyone at his own jokes. im glad he wont be there when im flipping through channels in the morning in a hungover haze....the man has a face for radio that is tough to look at when your tongue feels hairy and your head is pounding

We_Todd_Did » Posted 1/24/07 8:29:00PM

My only problem with the issue is this (just a good example, there are many others):

If Imus loses his job over a small (albeit stupid) remark like that, shouldn't they throw Howard Stern in a pit and let every woman with even a hint of self-respect pelt him to death with big effin' rocks?But no, he has a 15 MILLION dollar contract....somethin about that smells awful bad to me...

hcazlekker » Posted 2/8/07 3:02:00PM

Carlos Mencia, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle (three more examples)

Racism is great material for stand up comedians. Its funny how ignorant and stereotypical we can act sometimes.

I see the serious issues of reverse discrimination, and racism in general fading generation by generation. The most racist Americans I've met have been 40+. Given they grew up in the civil rights era, its understandable imo. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]