MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Nate Quarry vs. Jorge Rivera in the works for UFC Fight Night 22   [View Full Version]
RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

A potential middleweight slugfest between veterans Nate Quarry (12-3 MMA, 7-2 UFC) and Jorge Rivera (17-7 MMA, 6-5 UFC) is in the works for the as-yet-unannounced UFC Fight Night 22 in March.MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned that the organization is targeting the matchup for the March 31 event, and at least one fighter has verbally agreed to the contest.

Link

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Nice match-up...they are nearly the same age though, don't think age will be much of a factor here. Should be a great battle, but I see a UD or late KO for Quarry here.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i agree. quarry is a solid fighter, very powerful with pretty decent standup. hes seen alot of wars so if they get into deep water i think quarry will come out with the UD or TKO.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

nice fight both deserve some tv time

Pskinner_mma314 » Posted 8/2/08 4:16:00PM

ok i'm not gonna bash rivera here, he really is a good fighter, with sum great skills............but this isnt exactly a step up in competition for nate, the only 2 guys hes lost to in the ufc are franklin and maia, no pushovers, i wish they would start building nate up a lil more cuz he has great skills and could prolly compete with the upper echelon of the MW division................just remember i said compete, not win

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

ok i'm not gonna bash rivera here, he really is a good fighter, with sum great skills............but this isnt exactly a step up in competition for nate, the only 2 guys hes lost to in the ufc are franklin and maia, no pushovers, i wish they would start building nate up a lil more cuz he has great skills and could prolly compete with the upper echelon of the MW division................just remember i said compete, not win

I agree, I would've liked to have seen a Quarry/Kang matchup before the UFC cut him.

Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

Quarry will KO Rivera, Rivera is the fighter he once was and Quarry seems to be in his prime at the moment.

basbylivershot » Posted 1/25/07 3:10:00AM

for me this a fair example of quality match making. Neither guy is gonna win a title (in all likelihood), but it's a compelling, competitive fight that won;t suck

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

Quarry's chin will hold up longer in a slugfest.

BustedKnuckle » Posted 9/2/09 5:48:00PM

Sweet fight i always pull for Jorge when he fights but think that Nate will win this via TKO.

[View Full Version of this Page]