MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Spencer Fisher burning to fight “Fireball Kid”, Takanori Gomi   [View Full Version]
ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

When it was announced last weekend that former Shooto and PRIDE Champion Takanori Gomi had signed with the UFC rumors began swirling in regards to who he might debut against in the organization. Though the first name to surface as an opponent was Ken Florian, it appears as though Gomi’s presence in the company has at least one other fighter jazzed at the idea of meeting the Japanese striker at the center of the Octagon.

Since I’ve started MMA Gomi is one of the guys I looked up to and copied some of my style from him…I’ve always talked about guys diving for my shoelaces and the script might be flipped this time! (laughs) But of all the fights in the world that one excites me the most. I would have to be in tip top shape to fight someone of his caliber.

Link

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

fisher vs gomi would make more sense for gomi's first fight then say florian

hate4thestate » Posted 9/4/09 12:12:00AM

not a good sign for ufc imo. he hasnt looked great as of late. i have a feeling hes gonna get ran on by most lightweights in the ufc.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

When I heard Gomi signed, Spencer was the first person that came to mind to fight him. This would be a great fight.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

Posted by kopower

When I heard Gomi signed, Spencer was the first person that came to mind to fight him. This would be a great fight.

same here

bustin_mma » Posted 2/7/08 7:05:00PM

God i hope they make that fight happen!

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Would help out fisher if he could get a win over gomi

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

IMO gomi would walk through fisher

stylistically its a bad matchup for spencer.gomi will take fisher out of his element with his wrestlng

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

I think that Gomi takes out Fisher if this fight goes down.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I think this fight makes more sense and is more exciting / competitive than a fight with Florian who would destroy Gomi IMO. To be honest with what I've seen of Gomi in the last year or so I'd probably pick Fisher to win a UD here. I don't put Gomi's wrestling up there with Edgar and Stevenson.

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

Who doesn't want a peice of Gomi. Finally

marcoDGK » Posted 11/4/09 7:16:00PM

Posted by hate4thestate

not a good sign for ufc imo. he hasnt looked great as of late. i have a feeling hes gonna get ran on by most lightweights in the ufc.

That's what the UFC wants! I think it's obvious but they pick these guys up and pin them against someone at their prime. It makes the UFC fighters look so much better.

Posted by marcoDGK

Posted by hate4thestate

That's what the UFC wants! I think it's obvious but they pick these guys up and pin them against someone at their prime. It makes the UFC fighters look so much better.

Kind of makes you want them to sign on Aoki already huh?!!

marcoDGK » Posted 11/4/09 7:16:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by marcoDGK

Posted by hate4thestate

Kind of makes you want them to sign on Aoki already huh?!!

I honestly think he would get worked in the UFC. It would be great to see BJ knock him into last week.

But would like to see it now while it stil matters, rather than in 5-6 years when I pretty much no longer care.

[View Full Version of this Page]