MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Historic First MMA Event Scheduled for Washington DC   [View Full Version]
disorderlyvision » Posted 2/22/07 12:49:00PM

link

It was only a matter of time! While states like Nevada and California have long seen mixed martial arts as a valid offering and a way to earn income, there are still notable holdouts in major states’ acceptance of the sport. New York has yet to give the green light to MMA, though it’s expected to soon, as Washington DC has recently.

To wit, the first ever mixed martial event in Washington DC will be held May 12th at the DC Armory, after the DC Boxing & Wrestling Commission adopted the unified rules for MMA earlier this year. The event will offer fighters from Chute Boxe, American Top Team, and others, including fighters from local stand out BJJ organizations like Team Balance’s Tim Carpenter and Yamasaki’s Ron Foster.

zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

I'll be there. I was born and raised in DC. I live about 30 minutes from there now. This is great

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

elgigante » Posted 1/27/07 12:12:00AM

ill be there too front and center. Cant wait

[View Full Version of this Page]