MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Frank Shamrock Set to Make His Strikeforce Return This March   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Mixed Martial Arts 'Legend', Frank Shamrock (23-10-2), says that he will make a return to the Strikeforce cage early this March:

The 37-year-old veteran said on a recent edition of The MMA Hour that Strikeforce has asked him to fight on a yet to be announced card "in the first week or so of March."

The fifteen year veteran, who has held titles for various promotions such as the Pancrase, UFC, WEC, and Strikeforce, is at the tail end of his career and is at the stage where he is only looking for the biggest, and most interesting match ups for him. When asked who he wants next:

"Whoever brings ratings. I need ratings. I just need some ratings,"

Link

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Shamrock vs Miller would be awesome!!!

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Hello Ken, do you have any plans for March ?

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I still remember when they were talking about fighting each other!! Some org was talking about actually making it happen too, I don't think anyone questioned who would win that fight.

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

frank vs 3 lucha libre midgets, THAT would make him a "legend"
Other then that, I dont think he deserves the "legend" monicre
Props for hammerfisting Tito FTW though One of my fav Ortiz defeats

KoldKhaos » Posted 9/27/09 5:46:00PM

If Cung Le is healthy enough then Le vs Shamrock II.

That fight was electric as I was there for it.

IriShame » Posted 3/25/08 7:48:00PM

Yeah, maybe Cung Le. Ken would be too much of a freak fight and Strikeforce is really trying to be a legit organization right now. I could see Mayhem with his recent pop culture notoriety. I don't know, to be honest I'm not really that interested in seeing Frank fight anybody.

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

Scott Smith, just coming off a big win over Cung Le, it's really the only fight for Frank unless they give him Lindland which isn't exactly a ratings booster.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

wouldnt mind seeing shamrock/miller. it aint nothin crazy but i would definitely watch it. i dont think i could pass up watching either of them fight anyway. probably wouldnt make history though.

vomitshovel » Posted 11/12/09 12:29:00PM

Yeah i agree with scott smith or cung le, though i dunno how interesting it will be

marcoDGK » Posted 11/4/09 7:16:00PM

Warmachine has been posting on his twitter like he is trying to get that fight. I didn't even know he still fought.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I know Frank is real big in San Jose and thats the Strikeforce home do you guys think they put too much stock in the draw of Frank? I feel like they think he is a nation wide draw and thats just not the case. IMO

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by postman

I know Frank is real big in San Jose and thats the Strikeforce home do you guys think they put too much stock in the draw of Frank? I feel like they think he is a nation wide draw and thats just not the case. IMO

Well, I don't think his performances are doing him any favors either. He was tooled in 3 of his last 4 fights...and it's hard to draw an audience for someone who calls themself "The Legend" but doesn't deliver.

marcoDGK » Posted 11/4/09 7:16:00PM

Posted by IriShame

Ken would be too much of a freak fight and Strikeforce is really trying to be a legit organization right now. I don't know, to be honest I'm not really that interested in seeing Frank fight anybody.

I agree with the best move would be NOT to have Ken fight someone. I am not interested in this novelty fight. Strikeforce should focus more on creating more top contenders. They should be making names instead of trying to bank off of dying stars.

Am I the only one that thought it was sad when he fought Nick Diaz 2 months after his surgery?

titlefight » Posted 1/24/07 10:58:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by postman

Well, I don't think his performances are doing him any favors either. He was tooled in 3 of his last 4 fights...and it's hard to draw an audience for someone who calls themself "The Legend" but doesn't deliver.

he was not getting "tooled" in 3 of his last 4 fights.

The Renzo fight Frank was winning until the DQ
The Baroni fight Frank just smoked him.
The Cung fight was potential FOTY, and Frank was giving as much as he was getting until the arm broke.
The Diaz fight he was getting and got smoked.

So to correct you, Frank got "tooled" in 1 of his last 3 fights.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]