MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Don Frye calls it quits for MMA, wants to act   [View Full Version]
ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Chances are that if you’ve been watching television over the past couple weeks you may have noticed the new AT&T ad campaign for its latest Blackberry phones.

Shortly after the campaign started, MMA fans began to notice that one of the commercial’s stars looked very familiar.

With an unmistakable gruffness, chiseled jaw line, and trademark mustache it became clear that the commercials were the latest foray into acting for former UFC and Pride star Don “The Predator” Frye.

“I got lucky, the luck of the Irish,” said Frye of his recent acting exploits. “Michael Mann likes me for some reason. He’s put me to work three times; on Miami Vice, Public Enemies, and then he chose me for the AT&T commercial.

Link

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

Who is next?

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

For some reason I can't remember Don in Miami Vice, I'll have to watch it again.

jocka » Posted 9/6/07 12:47:00PM

Don Frye is the man, how can you not like this guy!

StriderXero » Posted 9/2/07 3:37:00PM

Don Frye should have been Iron Man.........the mustache, smart ass comments, what more could you want?

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

He needs his own weekday talk show. Remember kids, Don Frye Tells It Like It Is.

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

I heard he was being considered for the lead role in "The Freddie Mercury Story"

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

don frye is a classic personality of the sport. anybody that has heard him talk or read any of his interviews remembers him forever. i would like to see frye stay around the sport just to hear what hes got to say about the latest events. him and tank abbot.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

My dream commentary team would consist of Don Frye,Bas Rutten, and Kevin Randleman.

The only commentary team that would be more interesting than any of the fights they did play by play for!

IriShame » Posted 3/25/08 7:48:00PM

I want Don Frye to get one more fight against Kimbo Slice. Now that's a novelty fight worth paying for!

[View Full Version of this Page]