MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dear idiots: King Mo is doing you a (expletive) favor   [View Full Version]
RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

Recent Strikeforce acquisition Muhammed Lawal is baffled by the hoopla surrounding his post-fight energy drink mishap that hosed down the floor of the cage following his Dec. 19 TKO win over Mike Whitehad at Strikeforce: "Evolution." The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) was not amused by his stunt and fined "King Mo" for his attempts at "having fun." Anyone out there in MMA land offended by his colorful entrances and outspoken persona?

Link

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

I didn't see it...did he seem like he was intentionally splashing it all over or did it look like he said (like someone shook the can)?

CaranoGirl » Posted 8/15/09 5:26:00PM

I wasnt "offended" at all!! Fining him over something like that is just plain dumb. He just knocked out Whitehead in the first round, he was excited, and he was pouring it all over himself more than the mat.

karn501 » Posted 12/7/09 1:09:00PM

Posted by scoozna

I didn't see it...did he seem like he was intentionally splashing it all over or did it look like he said (like someone shook the can)?

a little of both after it sprayed everywhere he poured it on his head for some weird reason

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by CaranoGirl

I wasnt "offended" at all!! Fining him over something like that is just plain dumb. He just knocked out Whitehead in the first round, he was excited, and he was pouring it all over himself more than the mat.

Well, I remember thinking to myself I'd be a little pissed if I was the commission or the next fight for that matter. It exploded everywhere when he opened it...and there probably wouldn't even be a fine if it was only that, but he continued to lift the can up over his head like Stone Cold and pour it down over his face and it went everywhere. There's a reason why you don't see that happen all the time...and if he doesn't understand why, then I know who the idiot is.

cjandnw » Posted 1/22/07 11:27:00AM

I would love for Overeem to knock the thug out of him. king Mo

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

he has a point

RearNakedJoke » Posted 8/11/08 6:25:00PM

"i did them a favor by pouring my sticky beverage on the slippery canvas"

i found it entertaining, like when TO scored a TD then pulled the sharpie out of his sock signed the ball and threw to the crowd. the fine was reasonable but if rockstar was so cool they would have picked up the tab for the guy that plugged their product for free. Pepsi would have done it!

id take the fine if i were him. the punishment could have been worse, they could have gave him some real competition.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

It's not a big deal, but at the same time it means the mats need to be cleaned before the next fight and will either be sticky or wet. I can understand a small fine as a deterrent.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

It would've probably been swept under the rug had Mo not ignored the commission when they tried to tell him to stop sloshing it everywhere.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

The guy in the suit in the second pic looks like he's extremely pissed off. Mo probably would've gotten a year suspension if Armando was still in charge.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

I really thought it was a heat of the moment misunderstanding, I think they should have fired a warning shot before they started handing out fines.

EliasG » Posted 10/20/07 12:55:00AM

I'm guessing the guy cleaning it up was more pissed....but then he has to get rid of blood too....nasty job...

jocka » Posted 9/6/07 12:47:00PM

I remember thinking WTF is he doing not only is it splashing everywhere but when he started purring it down his face I couldn't thinking how his whole body must of been sticky as hell lol.

Either way it was not that big of a deal plus when you just won a fight you feel like celebrating

[View Full Version of this Page]