MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > MMA Training
Mark Kerr: Fundamental Takedowns   [View Full Version]
richieb19 » Posted 2/4/07 7:47:00PM

Fundamental Takedowns

It's an oldie but it's still useful. This video is directed more towards the posters who are still relatively green to certain grappling aspects... anyways, if youre going to shoot for a double, heres how to do it...

NoGi Judo Takedowns From Clinch

Heres some NoGi Judo from the clinch aswell if any of you are interested, it's Shinya Aoki doing the demo...

* I'm pretty sure the second throw he shows is a Ko Ouchi Gari, not Ko Soto Gari... but who cares lol

Mastodon2 » Posted 3/14/07 4:45:00PM

No that wasnt a Ko Ouchi Gari, in Ko Ouchi Gari, you have your opponent on one leg (by catching them as they are walking, or by twisting them so they shift their balance onto one leg) and then you bring your Corresponding leg* in an almost soccer kicking motion and connect with the bottom of your foot flat on their ankle, and twist your arms as if turning a big wheel to throw them off balance.

*Corresponding leg = Your right leg if they are their right leg, of your left leg if they are on their left.

Great videos though!

Posted by Mastodon2

No that wasnt a Ko Ouchi Gari, in Ko Ouchi Gari, you have your opponent on one leg (by catching them as they are walking, or by twisting them so they shift their balance onto one leg) and then you bring your Corresponding leg* in an almost soccer kicking motion and connect with the bottom of your foot flat on their ankle, and twist your arms as if turning a big wheel to throw them off balance.

*Corresponding leg = Your right leg if they are their right leg, of your left leg if they are on their left.

Great videos though!

Still, you can't deny the seconds throw looks much more like a Kouchi Gari than a Kosoto Gari...

Kouchigari Kosostogari

bayonetxwork » Posted 2/2/07 7:39:00AM

Dude i have no idea how you guys remember the names to Judo throws haha. I'm sure if I actually trained Judo seperately instead of just incorporating parts of it, i'd probably know a few

but good post richie.
+props

Zvonimir » Posted 2/8/07 12:59:00AM

Awesome vids Richie!

Posted by Zvonimir

Awesome vids Richie!

No problem... these are just usefull vids for mostly newer players, however if youre looking for something more specific in an intructional just shoot me a pm anytime...

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Zvonimir

Awesome vids Richie!

No problem... these are just usefull vids for mostly newer players, however if youre looking for something more specific in an intructional just shoot me a pm anytime...

Will do, Thanks!

Stickan » Posted 1/27/07 8:02:00AM

Thanks a lot richie. Great vids.

Is it just me or does Mark Kerr sound like a mix between Mr.Garrison and Mr.Mackey(sp?)

Catch that lead leg, m'kay?

Posted by Stickan

Thanks a lot richie. Great vids.

Is it just me or does Mark Kerr sound like a mix between Mr.Garrison and Mr.Mackey(sp?)

Catch that lead leg, m'kay?

hahaha big time... every time I watch him fight I keep hearing m'kay over and over in my head lol

I know its been said 1,000,000 times on every MMA forum, but man I feel sorry for Mark Kerr he seems like such a nice guy. Shame he doesn't seem to have the motivation he needs to be succesful anymore.

Posted by Zvonimir

I know its been said 1,000,000 times on every MMA forum, but man I feel sorry for Mark Kerr he seems like such a nice guy. Shame he doesn't seem to have the motivation he needs to be succesful anymore.

Yea, but he had his day in the sun and his name won't be forgotten any time soon...

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Zvonimir

Yea, but he had his day in the sun and his name won't be forgotten any time soon...

good point.

[View Full Version of this Page]