MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Is Gouveia ready to realize his potential?   [View Full Version]
ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Wilson Gouveia’s talent is a blessing and a curse, says a longtime friend and trainer.

American Top Team patriarch Ricardo Liborio met the fighter nine years ago, long before he became a competitor in the UFC’s middleweight division. He was a 15-year-old from Fortaleza, Brazil, with a blue belt in jiu-jitsu who got things easier than others. On the ground, he gave everyone fits. They began working together and found Wilson had heavy hands, too.

But his abilities came at a price. Because things came so easy to him, he often didn’t train as hard as others. He started a family in Coconut Creek, Fla., ATT’s home base, which sometimes made him listless in camp.

What’s more, he shut off if you played drill sergeant and barked orders.

Link

tmas » Posted 6/15/07 2:09:00AM

good read love that guy another 195 hmmm i wonder if they may make some wight class changes!

HW 225+
LHW 224-196
MW 195
would be cool.

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

Weight class changes to help lazy fighters is a disgusting and absurd idea. Make 185 or bulk up for 205. Fighters don't need to be babied with special weight classes so every fan can prance happily through a pasture.

crazedfan » Posted 8/3/07 5:23:00PM

I can understand doing a 195 fight for the Franklin/Silva fight, that actually made some sense. But for two midcarders? I absolutely hope this doesn't become a trend...

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

this was the hardest bout to pick for me

[View Full Version of this Page]