MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Junior Dos Santos vs Gilbert Yvel at UFC 108   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Jride » Posted 5/13/09 9:34:00PM

Junior dos Santos has an opponent to UFC 108. According to his boxing coach, Luis Dorea, the Brazilian heavyweight faces former Pride fighter Gilbert Yvel, who comes from an devastating knockout victory over Pedro Rizzo...

Read Full Article

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

This gives the card a much needed boost. Still needs one more big fight IMO, but a spike prelim package would be good as well.

WAR CIGANO

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Dos santo's better get this fight to the ground.

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

I don't know why, but I love this matchup! I got pretty excited when I seen it, cause I don't think I was expecting it!! One of my favorite fight announcements in awhile.

Junior Dos Santos rnd 2 TKO

Winner faces Kongo/Mir

EvenFlow » Posted 11/9/08 6:40:00PM

I've been wondering where Yvel went, shouldve known the UFC wouldnt want Strikeforce to have him. This is actually a very close fight if it stays standing, probably even in Yvel's favor. It's a tough one but someone is going to sleep, I'm torn on who but I'm glad he signed and not getting an easy first fight which is awesome.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Outstanding match up....again major props to Joe Silva!! I think JDS could pull it off, but to do so will have to get Gilbert to gas out, for those who don't know him Gilbert is bad ass!! If they stay standing he could easily derail JDS's rise to contendership!

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Props to Gilbert for stepping up and fighting a monster like Dos Santos!!

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

Great match-up.
nicely done, UFC.

MMA-San » Posted 4/17/09 10:47:00PM

The world has officially imploaded. Gilbert Yvel in the UFC.

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

I got Yvel by K.O in the first if JDS keeps it standing. Which he will, if the Mirko fight is anything to go by.

kaskd » Posted 4/8/07 8:57:00PM

Interesting fight. This is really one for the hardcore fans. Name recognition isn't high on either of them so it doesn't really sell fights or win public favor. However this is going to be a great fight... until Dos Santos gets him to the ground.

chickmagnet » Posted 7/5/07 2:53:00PM

JDS better get him down quick. Strinking with Yvel is like playing with a stick of lit dynamite.

At this point im not sure who to pick. JDS will come in with a ton of pride after the Cro Cop fight, and might want to stand and trade, which would be a big mistake. Yvel is going to come in with the same gameplan as always-throw until the other man falls. But if JDS comes in and takes him down he will gnp or submit him quickly.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

I don't think JDS will take down Gilbert and that will be a mistake plus look how hard it was for barnett to finish him I like this fight way more than GG vs JDS

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

submissionartist1 » Posted 5/27/07 10:24:00PM

Yvel is always game i like to watch him fight but i gotta give it to Dos Santos

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]