MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Mousasi vs Silva?   [View Full Version]
sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

I think there are a few bigger lightheavys that could beat Mousasi, but I can't help but compare him to Anderson Silva at an earlier time period. If Anderson decides to retire that is the one guy I want to see him fight. I think Mousasi is the better fighter overall, but he's not as strong and doesn't have Andy's punching power. I think he's the better grappler but he wouldn't finish Andy. He's the better kickboxer but only ever so slightly. I think he could win in a couple years if he continues to improve and get stronger.

breakdown5 » Posted 1/15/07 7:35:00PM

I think Silva would smoke Mousasi if they fought now. In a few years, who knows what would go down. Mousasi is no doubt a beast, but Silva is just light years ahead of just about everybody IMO at this point. There are people that may be better at certain aspects of the fight than Silva, but nobody has been able to pull it off.

Also, while I agree that Mousasi is a very good fighter, in what respects is he better than Silva that would make you think he is the better overall fighter? Silva is a legit BJJ black belt who toys with fighters on the feet. Even if you think Mousasi has the edge in wrestling, that doesn't really make him a better overall fighter.

RMFG_187 » Posted 6/25/07 4:06:00AM

I really like Mousasi, but at this point, I dont even see him lasting a round. Anderson is just too strong and fast for him.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

I think he does everything better or equal, the only edge Anderson has that I see are his strength and his boxing. Again this is just an opinion.

1daveufc » Posted 12/28/08 12:59:00PM

What about anderson's clinch(plum) it is so strong he is just making the best 185 fighters look real poor.I think he wud let mousasi chase him down then explode and take mousasi out.I have nothing against mousasi i think he is a very good fighter but anderson is on another level at the min.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Silva has a much longer striking range to attack from, Mousasi is a beast at mid range, he has powerful concise flurries that he throws out with rabid and neer reckless haste. I can see silva utilitzing a striking range that he can keep and mousasi cant close. The ground game is a wash imo and i doubt either one gets a successful takedown.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I gotta go with Anderson but I don't think Mousasi would go down easy or fast.

[View Full Version of this Page]