MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
UFC in Austrailia, Price?   [View Full Version]
icebergsnoopy » Posted 4/30/09 7:34:00AM

I think that ppv card will cost more coming from over there, anyone else think so? or am i way off?

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I think your off

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

I think youre off as well

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Off. It'll likely cost what it always does, $45.

king_katool » Posted 3/8/08 3:32:00PM

or be free like most overseas cards, most likely with GSP-hardy rumored it'll be 45$

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

UFC already said it's PPV.

iamthaman » Posted 11/14/09 5:15:00PM

youre off but the time of the event is gonna be way off than what it should be

hails » Posted 6/21/07 11:59:00PM

I live in Melbourne Australia!!! I'm waiting to see how much ticket prices will be!! What do you guys think it will cost!!! Everyone has been bagging the card, but I am pretty happy with the fighters we are going to see!!! I heard Franklin v Jardine could be the main event!!! Jardine has agreed but Rich still not sure!!! But GSP v Hardy would be sweet!!!! I would get to see a title fight!!!!

I just hope I can get tickets!!! I am so pumped that the UFC is finally coming to AUSTRALIA!!!!!

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by hails

I live in Melbourne Australia!!! I'm waiting to see how much ticket prices will be!! What do you guys think it will cost!!! Everyone has been bagging the card, but I am pretty happy with the fighters we are going to see!!! I heard Franklin v Jardine could be the main event!!! Jardine has agreed but Rich still not sure!!! But GSP v Hardy would be sweet!!!! I would get to see a title fight!!!!

I just hope I can get tickets!!! I am so pumped that the UFC is finally coming to AUSTRALIA!!!!!

I didn't hear about Franklin Jardine I heard Wany Akiama and GSP hardy. If your going to go you need to become a UFC Fight Club member to get first crack at tickets. If you do that and have the money ready when they go on sale you will get your tickets.

PABLOMAFIOSO » Posted 6/24/07 12:50:00PM

It would be a joke to have Franklin vs. Jardine as the main event, Jardine doesn't deserve main card fights let alone headline bouts

moob » Posted 2/24/07 2:39:00PM

Posted by hails

Don't wanna rain on your parade mate, but the prices will probably be more expensive than the US cards - like they are over here in the UK. You will also find that the card will have a large quantity of home based fighters, because for some reason, the bigger names don't like to get on a plane.

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

Its not because they don't like getting on a plane its because overseas cards sell way fewer PPV's. Almost all of the big names make their real money with their cut of the PPV money.

If they get offered a fight in England, Germany or Australia they turn down the fight and wait for a North American show where they can cash in with the PPV money.

I'I believe the UFC also sees a big drop off in Bars showing overseas events. They either have to show it tape delayed on Spike or try to bring fight fans to their bar in the middle of the day.

moob » Posted 2/24/07 2:39:00PM

Posted by FlashyG

Its not because they don't like getting on a plane its because overseas cards sell way fewer PPV's. Almost all of the big names make their real money with their cut of the PPV money.

If they get offered a fight in England, Germany or Australia they turn down the fight and wait for a North American show where they can cash in with the PPV money.

I'I believe the UFC also sees a big drop off in Bars showing overseas events. They either have to show it tape delayed on Spike or try to bring fight fans to their bar in the middle of the day.

I take your point, but the fans suffer at the end of the day, and that can't be right.

The UFC therefore needs to do more for their fans worldwide if they want to continue to expand, as they so often discuss in public.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by iamthaman

youre off but the time of the event is gonna be way off than what it should be

For the PPV crowd: The fight will be on at the same time as it would be if it were held in Vegas as the event will be held on Sunday afternoon in Australia.

Posted by FlashyG

Maybe, just maybe a big name or two will fight on this card, for the reason above.

[View Full Version of this Page]