MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Rumor: GSP & Hardy Coaching TUF 11?   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

It's only a rumor at this point, but The Telegraph in England is reporting that UFC is considering offering the coaching spots for season 11 of The Ultimate Fighter to UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre and the man he'll next defend against, England's Dan Hardy.

Article

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Dan Hardy as a coach? Now that will be entertainment!

PABLOMAFIOSO » Posted 6/24/07 12:50:00PM

Not sure if this is a good idea but if GSP needs some more recovery time he could ease back into training with TUF.
I just can't imagine Dan Hardy as a TUF coach

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Makes sense. It's the next title fight and these days TUF tends to pair up fighters about to face off for a title or a big grudge match, and we're 4-6 months from the fight anyway...if they stick to the usual TUF schedule this would likely put the fight in July assuming season 11 starts in April. Plenty of time to build it up and help introduce Hardy more to the fans outside England.

McBee » Posted 4/15/07 3:21:00AM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

Not sure if this is a good idea but if GSP needs some more recovery time he could ease back into training with TUF.
I just can't imagine Dan Hardy as a TUF coach

I was going to say please no, before seeing this post and remembering the groin injury, so this would be the best way to bridge the fight we just had and to a time when GSP could actually fight, and we should all know by know that Dan Hardy would be the face of the coaching for his team but like Rashad he brought Jackson and Nurse to also coach his team so Hardy is a perfect fit because we can see another person try and rattle GSP like Hughes did back in the "TUF Comeback " season

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

If it holds up a title, im against it.

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

From what I remember hearing, Georges' groin is 100% right now.

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

If it holds up a title, im against it.

mee to but with GSP's groin I do not think it would but hopefully GSP does not leave to be in the next "Professional" Movie then TUF would be really jinxed and should be taken off the air forever.

But GSP does know french

Posted by Rush

From what I remember hearing, Georges' groin is 100% right now.

THEN SCREW TUF AND SCHEDULE THE FIGHT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CwB » Posted 2/27/07 2:05:00PM

Please God Nooooo!!!!!!!!

we have waited long enough just for GSP to get a match lined up, dont post pone it with TV bullsh*t

Without the show they will fight in march or april
With the show may or june

TimW001 » Posted 3/30/07 6:31:00PM

No.

Just fight.

MiniMan » Posted 8/3/09 9:43:00AM

Dont worry guys, I have a feeling it will be Chuck V Randy or Tito

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

ortiz and bisping hahah, who could be more annoying...

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Ordinarily I would hate this idea (Dan Hardy shouldn't be fighting for a title much less coaching TUF IMO). However, because Georges needs time to heal and because this could give some good hype to an other wise lack luster fight, I am for it.

Dan Hardy likes to play mind games and he is a good character, so maybe it'll be a popular season. Not only that but it could hype a fight that would other wise be hard to market outside of the UK.

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

ortiz and bisping hahah, who could be more annoying...

Ortiz and Serra

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]