MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Sherk-Oliveira Signed for UFC 108   [View Full Version]
jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

link

Sean Sherk has signed on to face Rafaello Oliveira in a lightweight bout at UFC 108 on Jan. 2 in Las Vegas. Sherk, a former UFC lightweight champion, withdrew from his bout against Gleison Tibau at UFC 104 on Oct. 24 in Los Angeles with a “Grade II AC separation” shoulder injury. Sherk told Sherdog.com Thursday that the injury has rehabilitated well.

I believe Sherk has an easy fight in front of him, why I don't know. For the Sherk haters out there just realize this for a second before you burn me....he has fought 38 times lossing only 4 time being stopped only 2 times (BJ and GSP) his decision losses are to Hughes and Edgar, he also has one draw...who knows with that. He has defeated Tyson Griffin, Hermes Franca, Kenny Florian, and Nick Diaz. A 4-3 record in the UFC that I don't think really reflects his talents.

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

I was just mad cuz I lost money at UFC98 when Edgar beat him... then I realized that Frankie is the Answer

WAR MUSCLE SHARK for this one

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

Should be an easy win for Sherk

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

This should be an easy fight for Sherk. Its to bad really because Oliveira could be a strong prospect if they built him up properly instead of feeding him to the wolves like this.

Its a lose-lose situation. If he loses, well... he loses. If he wins he will be tossed into the top of the division way to quickly and won't make much of a long term impression. I can't stand when they sacrifice young talent to build up a falling star.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled when the young talent is thrown to the wolves. Tractor already lost to Lentz and the UFC is feeding him another wrestling machine from the MN Mixed Martial Arts Academy. Will be good to see Sherk back on the winning track though.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

ChokeUout » Posted 6/28/07 1:48:00PM

Well, with the fantastic job that Joe silva has done recently, he was due to lay a turd.

Seriously, who's excited about this match-up?

So true....we all have our off days!

SamPan » Posted 2/17/09 12:13:00AM

I dont get one. Maybe I will in the morning. Haha. Oliviera lossed his debut to a guy he theoretically should have beaten. So give him Sherk! What???

chickmagnet » Posted 7/5/07 2:53:00PM

Sherk might finish this fight with a tko...

Sherk GnP tko round 2

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

If Sherk keeps thinking he's a K-1 MAX guy he might lose, but I doubt it. I see the first three rounds of Sherk/Franca happening again.

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

if this isn't a gimmie fight for Sherk, then I don't know what is.

Sherk by TKO or UD

He needs to go back to his wrestling

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

now if sherk can't even finish this fight i don't know what to say

[View Full Version of this Page]