MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 108: Nogueira-Velasquez Winner Gets Title Shot   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Although Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin for the UFC Heavyweight Championship won't happen for a while, when it does we'll know who's next for the winner: Cain Velasquez or Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Set to face off at UFC 108, the winner of Velasquez-Minotauro is guaranteed a title shot as it'll be for the #1 contender slot.

Article

clintjack » Posted 7/29/07 4:25:00AM

That makes the most sense. Then the winner out of Gonzaga/Dos santos will face the winner out of Mir/Kongo for the next shot.

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

This is the way it should be. I love the UFC's HW division right now!!

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Posted by higdon10

Same here. So many good match up possibilities. Crazy to think where it was a little while ago to where it is now.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Yes, the improvement to the division couldn't have come at a better time. Now how many of you think it wont be cold in 1 year? Is the new blood from TUF enough to keep it on top?

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

same promise like the winner of hendo vs bisping
same as florian vs huerta
i heard the promises before

marcoDGK » Posted 11/4/09 7:16:00PM

Posted by higdon10

Agreed!

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

same promise like the winner of hendo vs bisping
same as florian vs huerta
i heard the promises before

meaning the winner of this fight likely has one more fight before a title shot... or an 8 month lay off

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Jride » Posted 5/13/09 9:34:00PM

Sadly enough, Im hoping Cain loses this fight for the simple fact that I want to see him be built up more before a shot at Lesnar/Carwin.

In my mind, Cain is a mini Lesnar and will just get mauled on by a bigger/stronger version of himself. And Im saying this as a fan of Cain.

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Posted by Jride

Sadly enough, Im hoping Cain loses this fight for the simple fact that I want to see him be built up more before a shot at Lesnar/Carwin.

In my mind, Cain is a mini Lesnar and will just get mauled on by a bigger/stronger version of himself. And Im saying this as a fan of Cain.

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

Awesome!
I'd love to see Big Nog or Cain against Brock!
(I'd like to see anyone fight Brock. I just like his style.)
I'd like to see if Nog is able to be effective (with his BJJ) on the ground against Lesnar's wrestling. But I'd also like to see how Cain deals with the more powerful equally aggressive Lesnar.

[View Full Version of this Page]