MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Fedor Emelianenko Breaks Nose, Injures Hand in Strikeforce Victory Over Brett Rogers   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Fedor Emelianenko suffered a broken nose and injured his left hand during his heavyweight bout with Brett Rogers Saturday at Strikeforce/M-1 Global "Fedor vs. Rogers," Sherdog.com has learned from a source close to the fighter's camp.

Link

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

No surprise at all he broke his hand.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by Rush

No surprised at all he broke his hand.

LOL thats because he throws punches like there fast balls

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by Rush

And packs a ton of power in them too boot. I am curious as to whether he did it hitting Rogers on the jaw or if he hit the canvas missing with the big shot in the first.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by sparky

Posted by Rush

And packs a ton of power in them too boot. I am curious as to whether he did it hitting Rogers on the jaw or if he hit the canvas missing with the big shot in the first.

I'd be willing to bet it was that brutal left hook he stunned him with in round one.

If not that, then I'd say it would have to have been in the second round when he threw that flurry while Rogers was covering up.

scpd400 » Posted 10/28/07 9:57:00PM

Holy Cow Fedor can throw big bombs. After last night I do believe he is the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

Posted by scpd400

Holy Cow Fedor can throw big bombs. After last night I do believe he is the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

Really? Have you never seen his fights I was waiting for that famous flying GnP punch that he threw last night too bad he missed

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I about laughed when one of the announcers proclaimed somthing along the lines of "wild right hand by Emelianeko".
As if Fedor was just throwing random shots.

Not suprised about either injury.

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

ya rogers has a hard head, he is one tough dude, legitimate heavyweight contender and there are still several intersting fights for him in strikeforce as their heavyweight division has five formidable guys (Fedor, Werdum, Overeem, Rogers, Silva).

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

That left hook Fedor landed was one of the most brutal shots I've ever seen. I can't believe Rogers didn't get KO'd from it. He's one tough ass dude. I almost guarantee that's the hand that broke unless it was the right hand on the finishing punch.

spikerman19 » Posted 6/22/07 1:23:00AM

Posted by mrsmiley

I about laughed when one of the announcers proclaimed somthing along the lines of "wild right hand by Emelianeko".

Horrible announcing, I watched most of it on mute.

scpd400 » Posted 10/28/07 9:57:00PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by scpd400

Really? Have you never seen his fights I was waiting for that famous flying GnP punch that he threw last night too bad he missed

This is the first time I seen him fight live. The other times went so fast I didnt get to see him work

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

Posted by scpd400

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by scpd400

This is the first time I seen him fight live. The other times went so fast I didnt get to see him work

I recommend watching his fights with NOG. You'll see him throw them all day in those fights

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

It's bad news for both SF and Japan-no NYE fight this year and no SF in the USA for a while. He's looking at 4-6 months.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

Posted by spikerman19

Posted by mrsmiley

Horrible announcing, I watched most of it on mute.

That's that basketball announcer idiot, gus johnson or whatever. It's really painful when they get someone who clearly knows NOTHING about MMA to announce play-by-plays, especially in such an authoritative manner. That's the guy that millions of casual fans are learning from.

Mauro Renallo for example would actually defer to the other announcers on points that he wasn't educated on. If he didn't know something he would ask Bas, the expert, and Bas would explain it for the listening audience. This guy just talks out of his ass in a voice that makes it sound like he knows what he's saying.

Annoying.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]