MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
SURVEY: Most over-rated rapper of all-time?   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by CwB

P.S. whats wrong with Easy E he has tons of great stuff...

Maybe if he wrote even close to half his stuff, he had so many ghostwriters. Just not an Eazy E fan at all.

hotrodttt » Posted 8/25/07 6:56:00PM

Kanye. He's just terrible imo. He has had some good stuff but now its just auto-tune or he tries to be like Lil Wayne. I like Lil Wayne, idk why but his rhymes are so sick sometimes.

CwB » Posted 2/27/07 2:05:00PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Kanye. He's just terrible imo. He has had some good stuff but now its just auto-tune or he tries to be like Lil Wayne. I like Lil Wayne, idk why but his rhymes are so sick sometimes.

Kanye, Kanye, Kanye, I used to like you before your auto-tune BS ( when he first came out he was completely original and while it may have not been that great it was different and kinda refreshing) but Lil waynes success drove Kanye to make just crap.

Its funny, Kanye used autotune, then raps in Jay-Z's song. Now he says he will never use autotune again.

Kanye raps in JayZ song, then during the MTV awards makes a complete A$$ of himself, stealing the mike to say, Beyonce had one of the greatest music videos ever. Who is Beyonce married to... Jay-z

It seems like kayne has Jayz's nuts stuck in his throat.

IriShame » Posted 3/25/08 7:48:00PM

Jay and Nas are sick. Em is one of the greatest lyricists ever and Pac and Biggie shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread.

It's been mentioned hella times but the most over-rated of all time is Lil' Wayne. I don't care what anybody says, this guy sucks. The kids seem to like him these days but I just don't get it. I didn't like him when he was a Cash Money flunky and I don't like him now with his whack rhymes and auto tune bullshit. The guy is a no talent deusch masquerading as a sick MC.

My personal fave has to be Del the Funky Homosapien though. Deltron 3030 is the greatest Hip Hop album of all time.

EvenFlow » Posted 11/9/08 6:40:00PM

Dont hate on Kanye he loves the wildlife! and is a genius!

reptile1 » Posted 1/17/07 8:43:00PM

it has to be Lil' Wayne with his Sesame Street rhymes

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Dont hate on Kanye he loves the wildlife! and is a genius!

Bwahahahahahahahahah that just made my night

And Del's 3030 is the **** Virus is bad ass

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

To me Lil Wayne has to be the most over-rated rapper of all-time based solely on the fact that people consider him the greatest and he doesn't even come close.

I'm the type of person that has favorite albums instead of favorite rappers. I will agree with those that say Jay-Z is overrated but let me say this, Reasonable Doubt was and still is a damn good album. Jay was so hungry back then and it showed. So for me, Reasonable Doubt is one of my all-time faves.

Some more of my favorite rap albums of all-time are:
Tech N9ne - Absolute Power
Nas- Illmatic
Raekwon - OB4CL
2pac - R U Still Down?
Brother Ali - The Undisputed Truth
Outkast - Southernplayalisticcadillacmuzik
Outkast - ATLiens
Outkast - Aquemini
Big Punisher - Capital Punishment
Warren G - Regulate....G Funk Era
UGK - Ridin Dirty
Goodie Mob - Soul Food
Scarface - The Diary
Dr. Dre - The Chronic

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

Disagree by far with the stab at Jay-Z. Lil wayne used to be a rapper, and Kanye sucked when he changed up his style. Not even gonna go there on this post on how much I disagree with so many posts.

CwB » Posted 2/27/07 2:05:00PM

Posted by Drudinh

Disagree by far with the stab at Jay-Z. Lil wayne used to be a rapper, and Kanye sucked when he changed up his style. Not even gonna go there on this post on how much I disagree with so many posts.

if you disagree i want to hear what you think man... dont hold back we are all adults (kinda)

I personally think that most of Jayz's best lines werent his,you seem to disagree tell me some of his better verses. I truly wish to know...

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

Posted by fizzle

I used to hate Lil Wayne, I still think he is overrated but I have to give him respect because the kid has been working hard to make it where he is today since he was nine or something rediculous. Check out the VH1 Behind the music on him. Changed my opinion of the man instead of the rapper. Although I must say, the guy doesn't write a single thing down, just freestyles everything off the top of his head. Even though you can tell he doesn't write things down sometimes due to the quality of rhyme, he has some verses that just blow my mind.

I also used to hate Lil Wayne, but his Behind The Music really made me think differently of him.

Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

Posted by Drudinh

I'm with you on that, I have problems with 75% of the posts made. The whole Jay Z argument is so dumb. Just because some stupid person put that little video together, people think that he's some sort of theif and doesn't write his ****. The fact is that EVERY rapper does **** like that since the **** started. It's not stealing, it's respect. People don't get that. Not to mention that Jay wrote for Dre on Chronic 2001, a ton of Foxy Brown's **** back in the day and a bunch of Puffy's ****.

I'm not a biter I'm a writer For myself and others/ I say a B.I.G. verse I'm only biggin up my brother/ Biggin up my borough I'm big enough to do it/ I'm that thorough/ Plus I know my own flow is foolish

That being said, his new album sucks.

I think to be overrated you'd have to be considered a GOAT at some point so a couple rappers that have either said they're the GOAT or others have said it about them are Lil Wayne and LL Cool J.

Papoose was/is a way overrated MC. That Nikki Minaj broad is way overrated.

I'd rather contribute to a most underrated/off the radar MC thread, so I could keep it positive. Some of you cats that list "Old School Only" and cite artists like Tribe, De La, KRS One ect. would be surprised at how much great hip hop is out there. I'm just laughing at ya, but I ain't mad at 'cha.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

I'm just surprised that it took 3 pages for LL Cool J to be listed

I think Jay-Z, 2Pac, and Biggie are all amazing rappers. I'm kind of surprised to see how many people are hating.

Then again, I'm just some white dude from Arizona so what the hell do I know about rap? LOL. I just know what I like.. and most rap doesn't fall into that category. The guys above and dudes like Outkast, NWA, and many others are guys I do like.

I will also say that from my own perspective guys don't have to bust out amazing freestyle raps or anything like that to impress me. I was a big fan of Too $hort's old stuff and he always made it a point to say that he doesn't do any of that stuff. Yet, he was still an amazingly successful rapper that I enjoyed listening to. I always liked DMX's album "And then there was X.." too. It's probably not going to rank high amongst the elites who are so proud of listening to the underground, but for me it did the trick.

I guess what it boils down to is whether they elicit emotions in me or not. All these guys brought emotion out in me when I listened to their music.

-With 2pac he was able to get me thinking about off the wall **** and how we are as people. Our relationships with eachother, and how stressful situations make us do some straight up wrong things.

-I always liked Biggie because he seemed so smooth, and yet rough around the edges. It just completely destroyed the image you had of him when you saw him. I always thought that was cool.

-NWA got me pissed as hell, and made me feel like I was a rebel 19 year old kid running around the streets of Compton living their lives with them. It seemed like some real ****, whether it was or wasn't.

I could go on for every one of these guys. The main point I'm trying to get across is that I feel like each of these guys, whether it was an image or who they really were, made me feel like I was living their lives with them through their music. That's some good stuff IMO. All these dudes who are rapping now... I dunno WTF is going on. I haven't listened to any of it for the past 5 years or so. The scene is all jacked up.

EDIT: And a shout out for my favorite rapper of all time- Snoop Dogg. The dude is just so cool, and back when I had 2 solobaric 15's in the back of my car I loved cruising around thumping his ****. Everyone loved Snoop.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

I'm no expert, but I've listened to hip hop on and off for a few decades and 50 Cent takes the cake with ease in my opinion. That being said I couldn't name a Lil Wayne song to save my life, so maybe he'd take the cake if I knew more of him.

I think the most underrated of all time is Big Pun.

reptile1 » Posted 1/17/07 8:43:00PM

you guys need to check out some slaughterhouse it's a group made up Joell Ortiz crooked i joe budden Royce 5'9 joell ortiz is a carbon copy of big pun crooked i he's a beast he did a freestyle every week for one year if you don't know who he is you need to check him out 2pac and biggie are the best hands down

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

[View Full Version of this Page]