MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Akiyama and Okami arrive at Xtreme Couture   [View Full Version]
ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Yoshihiro Akiyama and Yushin Okami have arrived at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas for a month of training, and so far they are enjoying themselves immensely. The Japanese duo say the difference in training methods and partners is very refreshing.

“I like how the practices aren’t long but short, hard workouts… The fighters are welcoming and friendly and as for the trainers, they are all awesome,” Akiyama told the Xtreme Couture website. “I have a hard time communicating due to my language barrier but I feel it’s beneficial for my fight career because I am able to look at their body language, learn the language and train hard.”

Link

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Great move for both guys. I would love to see these two guys relocate and train there permanently.

TimW001 » Posted 3/30/07 6:31:00PM

Good for them! I'm happy to hear this.

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

Great for both of them. Hopefully Okami can find a coach who'll give him good strategy for fights. He just looked lost against Sonnen, throwing one-twos without many takedown attempts. He certainly has the physical talent to do well; he just needs to be told what to do to win.

jgtribbett » Posted 3/15/07 6:33:00PM

two solid additions to the camp i'd say

[View Full Version of this Page]