MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Lashley-Strikeforce Deal Nears   [View Full Version]
Mchubb316 » Posted 2/14/07 2:00:00PM

Can an athlete thrive with two mistresses?

At the moment, Bobby Lashley seems to think so, as he's pursued dual careers in MMA and pro wrestling over the last year. However, the former amateur wrestler understands there will come a moment of choice. Just how soon that moment arrives will be determined by Lashley's next deal, which is looking more like a multi-fight contract each day.

Source

RearNakedJoke » Posted 8/11/08 6:25:00PM

Lashley isnt only valuable to strikeforce as an upcoming heavyweight star and a likely future Fedor-snack. he's also a prominent character on TNA. whats more valuable to strikeforce than product placement on UFCs home network Spike?

that said the ufc may want to snag him up just to keep him from strikeforce and keep strikeforce away from plugs on Spike.

RyanC » Posted 8/25/09 5:08:00PM

I really want to see what Bobby Lashley can do against some decent competition.

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

really happy to see this, was a big fan of him when he was in pro wrestling. As soon as he moved.

I hope he can survive against big names and hope he can survive.

However i believe he will be fed a very small amount of matches and will probably draw in a large audience and get moved to the UFC, before he even gets near fedor. But neither the less he has the size against fedor to make it a good match, i'm not saying fedor will lose, just saying fedor will take a while to break him down.

3rd round submission fedor in my opinion

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

Posted by jjeans

really happy to see this, was a big fan of him when he was in pro wrestling. As soon as he moved.

I hope he can survive against big names and hope he can survive.

However i believe he will be fed a very small amount of matches and will probably draw in a large audience and get moved to the UFC, before he even gets near fedor. But neither the less he has the size against fedor to make it a good match, i'm not saying fedor will lose, just saying fedor will take a while to break him down.

3rd round submission fedor in my opinion

How does one "get moved" from Strikeforce to the UFC?

scpd400 » Posted 10/28/07 9:57:00PM

Bobby Lashley seems like a class act. I would love to see him fight in the UFC, or Strikeforce. I hope he gets a deal with one of them. I'm sure he will.

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Just get it done, SF. He could be your Lesnar. And I think SF is better for him now, while he would get more exposure and money in UFC, SF can build him up slowly and still let him do the wrestling while UFC would have less than no part of that.

IriShame » Posted 3/25/08 7:48:00PM

I've been curious as to why nobody has snatched him up already. Skill wise he's still raw but his potential is enormous and his marketability is off the charts. If Strikeforce gets this guy I will be impressed.

Fedor, Mousasi, King Mo, Shields, Diaz, Lawler, and now Lashley. Not a bad little stable of fighters. Depth will always be a problem for any organization that isn't the UFC but damn, they're definetly goin for it.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

SF doesn't have all of the top guys but they are trying to nab up all of the table scraps and that is very smart as many of those guys still put on great fights, just not against UFC level talent. Besides who in the world that watches any Japan based MMA Organization doesn't love the "freak" fights, the show within fight....it's just so sinfully delicious!!!

[View Full Version of this Page]