MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
How to beat machida?   [View Full Version]
ThereIis » Posted 7/7/09 1:41:00PM

What style of fighting or Who do you think could beat Machida?? I mean the guy has some pretty sick moves..

BelXavier420 » Posted 11/22/08 5:34:00AM

Slip something into his food that makes his pee undrinkable. Maybe cutting his hair might work. Befor he died you could have gotten Mr. Miyagi to train someone to defeat Machida. Those are pretty much your only options that I know of.

Doneskiis » Posted 7/14/09 11:45:00PM

maybe like a gun or something. or you could tie his hands behind back.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

i think anybody with a good wrestling background could give machida some problems.the problem with this is actually catching machida and keeping him down.he needs to be kept on the defensive.

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

I definitely think Rampage could catch him same as he did to Chuck the 2nd time. Where Chuck attacks first and Rampage counters with something heavy and lays him out. Since Machida does jump in at times to attack you because of his short reach if Rampage can be patient I could see him throwing something hard when Machida does that where he leaves himself open and his chin up so I think a Rampage bomb counter could do the trick.

But I like Shoguns chances too as being so unpredictable and well rounded. Like I know you know Shoguns style or aggression but I guess a better word would be his versitility. He can punch, kick, and do crazy kicks at that too. His strikes are unpredictable so I think he could cause Machida problems as Thiago just was dumb and just walked him down and got raped. Rashad was just a boxer, and Soko really isn't anything special as far as high skill level striking like he has good powerful kicks and punches but I mean he's nothing Machida couldn't deal with. Shogun has a whole different approach then any of these guys so I definitely think if anybodies striking could give Machida's problems, it would be Shoguns.

chickmagnet » Posted 7/5/07 2:53:00PM

Maybe take pcp or an elephant tranquilizer before you fight him lol...nah haha just get another karate fighter with a jiu jitsu game.......but thats really hard to come by

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

Posted by george112

i think anybody with a good wrestling background could give machida some problems.the problem with this is actually catching machida and keeping him down.he needs to be kept on the defensive.

I agree with this.

The last guy that seemed to do a good job of this was Vernon White,though Machida has improved drasticly since then.

zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

You gotta get in close. Make him work. Randy a couple of years ago would give him fits. How would he handle being pressured? How would he handle the clinch game? I think that's the way to beat him

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

I have been thinking about this for a while. It will take someone with great clinch work, outstanding footwork, and speed.

Devastator » Posted 7/11/07 8:17:00PM

take away his legs. Then the ellusiveness is gone.

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

"How to beat Machida?"

Do what Shogun just did.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

FYI - I removed the link to the TS's blog. Please read the rules.

[View Full Version of this Page]