MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > MMA Training
Benson Henderson showing his Omoplata escape   [View Full Version]
Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Video is self-explanatory. Figured a lot of you guys would want to see this.

http://www.smoothben.com/video/video/show?id=3192188%3AVideo%3A5227

Skip to about 1 minute in to see the technique on display.

This is why it's very important for the person putting the guy in the Omoplata to have control of more than just the arm itself. You've got to control the hips otherwise the omoplata isn't that effective because there is little to no posture control outside of the arm trapped. It's why you rarely (if ever) see a guy submitted by an omoplata no matter the position. A kimura from guard is a bit more effective although much more difficult to get started.

There is also another good omoplata escape which involves dropping down and rolling your opponent rather than posturing up and limp arming out

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Also- I should add that I think the omoplata is an incredible transition move, though. I think the omoplata is my personal favorite anti-wrestler move. It's a very high percentage move without a whole ton of risk involved and it is fantastic for setting up other stuff.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Good Post. Ben seems real down to earth. He's gonna be a great champ

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by kopower

Good Post. Ben seems real down to earth. He's gonna be a great champ

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

I'm a fan of the omaplata just for forcing transitions, and I'm surprised its not used more often in No-gi grappling just for that purpose. Its an excellent set-up move, and a submission if you can secure a body lock and manually grab the arm with the opposite hand and force it up quickly.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

[View Full Version of this Page]