MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Junie Browning Apologizes, Promises to Improve Himself   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Former UFC lightweight Junie Browning spoke publicly for the first time Tuesday, exactly one week after he reportedly consumed 16 pills of the anti-anxiety medication Klonopin in an attempt to overdose and allegedly assaulting three nurses when treated at the St. Rose Dominican Hospital in Henderson, Nev.

Browning spoke to the media at former Xtreme Couture trainer Shawn Tompkins' house to issue an apology to the nurses, his supporters and Tompkins, who drove Browning to the hospital and had taken the fighter under his wings.

"I'm going to continue working on the problems I have, but again I want to apologize to everyone that was involved," Browning told Raw Vegas in the video above. "It was a horrible thing that happened."

CONTINUED...

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Come on, man.. get it together. We're all rooting for you. Show us something. Get your **** straight Junie. This is on you.

Posted by Jackelope

We're all rooting for you.

As much as I wish this were true, I don't think it is. I'm definitely rooting for the guy but based on some of the comments made in previous threads about him, I don't believe 'everyone' is.

D0wnUnd6e6r » Posted 9/13/07 5:12:00PM

deja vu...

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

I don't care what happens to him.

Posted by Giant_Ochai

I don't care what happens to him.

Surprise, surprise.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

I would love to see the guy get better and beat his demons, but how many chances should one be granted.....?

Posted by MMAcca

but how many chances should one be granted.....?

In MMA? I don't think he deserves another.

In life? As many as it takes unless he rapes or murders someone.

DaBeatdown » Posted 3/7/07 8:30:00PM

de-ja-vu. Talk is cheap buddy, time to grow up and join the real world. But good luck

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by emfleek
In life? As many as it takes unless he rapes or murders someone.

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

Stuff your sorry's in a sack mister. If you're going to do it, then just do it. Otherwise I don't want to read/hear about it. Talk is cheap and all this comes off to me is PR. If he does get his life in order, then I will take that back, but I am not betting on it.

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA » Posted 1/8/08 1:42:00AM

" In MMA? I don't think he deserves another. "

Then why make this thread ? Looks like your giving him ANOTHER chance to explain himself and ANOTHER chance to promote himself .

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

" In MMA? I don't think he deserves another. "

Then why make this thread ? Looks like your giving him ANOTHER chance to explain himself and ANOTHER chance to promote himself .

Umm, I don't know. Because it's a News thread?

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

I agree with a lot of what has been said on this thread. From both sides.

I'm just saying... we all want this to end well. Whether we say we do or don't. Nobody wants this guy to flip out and kill somebody. Or, at least... I hope they don't. I'm not rooting for him as a fighter- his career is dead to me- but as a person I can only hope that this dude finds a way to beat his demons. If you can't hope for that for a stranger than you've got issues.

kevietre » Posted 6/29/07 1:36:00AM

Pobody's Nerfect

[View Full Version of this Page]