MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Shonie Carter vs Carlos Newton-W1   [View Full Version]
Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

I went to this show last night and I cant remember many results throughout the night, many fighters were just getting started in their careers but Carlos Newton did defeat Shonie via unanimous decision. Shonie changed his outfit about 3 times thorught the night and had an entourage of women with him. W1 is a new promotion out of Gatineau, Quebec. Loiseau was there and stated hed like to fight fpr them. Other MMA personalities there included Jonathon Goulet, Sam Stout, Showdown Joe, Tom Attencio (real cool guy) and apparently Miguel Torres though I never saw him. If you're from Ottawa, Quebec or the surrounding ares I suggest checking it out as it has great production and some good fights.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Well I doubt Miguel Torres was there considering he was at the WEC event last night, but that is pretty damn cool. Shonie is a freaking riot. I always liked Carlos Newton, too.

LOL thats what I was thinking and they even announced Miguel would be there on the website, they showed everyone else and I thought they would have shown Torres if he was there. Yes Shonie's the dude and he threw the backfist in the 1st round.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Nice! Did it connect?

No it did not but he did throw it hahaha.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Watched WEC last night and they did show Torres in San Antonio.

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

I'm a little late chiming in here, but I heard that Newton alleged that Shonie greased for the fight.

[View Full Version of this Page]