MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Mir picks Carwin, wants Lesnar rubber match   [View Full Version]
ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Frank Mir made it clear that he is set on breaking the 1-1 deadlock he has with UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar Friday during a Q and A session for fans after the WEC weigh-ins in San Antonio, Texas.

However, the former UFC heavyweight champion said he believed the pair wouldn’t be fighting for the belt should their third encounter happen in the near future. Mir told the crowd that he felt Shane Carwin would defeat Lesnar in their main event bout at UFC 106 on Nov. 21 in Las Vegas. Noting Carwin’s strength, Mir stated that he did not believe Lesnar would be able to bully Carwin the way he did to him at UFC 100 last July.

Link

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I don't like Mir's chances against Lesnar in a rubber match, I think Brock will simply repeat the 2nd fight. He's just to big and strong and his wrestling is solid enough to nullify Frank's BJJ. However I do think Kongo is in big trouble.

sclasclemski » Posted 3/28/09 12:47:00PM

I'm not a fan of Mir's fighting picking ability either...I'm not as confident as him in Shane...although I would love to see it...that would really throw a monkey wrench in the Heavyweight rankings...

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

Well if he hits Brock theres a chance but Im sure brock is gonna GnP him

If GG can take Carwin down I am 100% sure Lesnar will take Carwin down pretty easy

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

carwin's only chance is to land a big right hand on the chin, lesnar is better in every other facet of the game. brock's wrestling will be too strong for carwin and he goes down via ground and pound. mir needed a bogus standup to beat a green lesnar in his second pro fight, he won't have a shot in a rematch.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i think mir is still upset that he lost in july
he will always hate brock
he should worry about big nog

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

Anything that Frank says is probably the exact opposite of what will happen in reality. Dude says some pretty ridiculous stuff on a regular basis. I'm not sure how he connects these dots in his head, or if the dots he's connecting even exist lol.

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

I like Lesnar in this match-up. And yeah, Mir is not good at picking fights.

Post_Oakley » Posted 10/8/09 2:33:00AM

of course mir is going to pick carwin.

hes picking who HE wants to win.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

If GG can take Carwin down I am 100% sure Lesnar will take Carwin down pretty easy

I'm not doubting that Lesnar can get Carwin down but with the GG fight Carwin looked like he was worried about getting kicked and he 100% should have no fear of that in the Lesnar fight. Also that takedown by GG was after Carwin was rocked with a punch and clinched to slow the fight down. It was a single off a guillitene attempt then he swept the leg, not the type of takedown you will expect from lesnar and GG didn't keep him down long. If any of this means anything I don't know. It seems alot of people think GG whet in and shot a double and it was an easy clean takedown and it wasn't.

Post_Oakley » Posted 10/8/09 2:33:00AM

Posted by postman

Posted by SpiderSilva

I'm not doubting that Lesnar can get Carwin down but with the GG fight Carwin looked like he was worried about getting kicked and he 100% should have no fear of that in the Lesnar fight. Also that takedown by GG was after Carwin was rocked with a punch and clinched to slow the fight down. It was a single off a guillitene attempt then he swept the leg, not the type of takedown you will expect from lesnar and GG didn't keep him down long. If any of this means anything I don't know. It seems alot of people think GG whet in and shot a double and it was an easy clean takedown and it wasn't.

well if he got caught by GG.that shows you that carwin had trouble defending the striking.lesnar isnt a boxer.but his reach is longer than GG and he throws those straight rights with some power.i see lesnar landing more than one of those during their fight.

[View Full Version of this Page]