MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Marquardt: "Carwin will KO Brock in under 2 minutes"   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Middleweight contender Nate Marquardt is backing his teammate Shane Carwin to beat Brock Lesnar by knockout in under two minutes.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if he finished him in under two minutes,” Marquardt told Fighters Only recently. “The more I analyse the fight, I think its such a good fight for Shane. He is better on his feet, he is better on the ground, he hits harder.

Link

Nightmare27 » Posted 1/22/07 8:46:00PM

Bold statement. I have to admit, I'd love to see it happen.

PABLOMAFIOSO » Posted 6/24/07 12:50:00PM

This fight is not going to last long either way. Looking forward to it!

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

If he doesnt he better know how to get up because he is getting taken down....and beaten.

jgtribbett » Posted 3/15/07 6:33:00PM

i concur, carwin is going down with my bad spelling

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

How can the author possibly put quotation marks around "Carwin will KO Brock in under 2 minutes" when it was clearly never said. As far as I can tell while reading the article Marquardt said - “I wouldn’t be surprised if he finished him in under two minutes,” Clearly they are not the same. I wouldn't want to be misquoted on a headline like that if it were me the author was quoting.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Good call Jackelope

I also don't see this fight going into the later rounds. I really like Carwin's chances here. I still think Brock holds the wrestling advantage though. The longer the fight stays on the feet gives Carwin his chance to ko Lesnar.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

bigpetey22 » Posted 1/24/07 6:58:00PM

I bet none of you are willing to bet money on Carwin!!!!!

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

I could see how it could happen , but I don't think Carwin has been tested yet , I hate Brock but he's been beating beater competition , Gonzaga rocked Carwin and I think he'll have trouble with Brocks freakish reach . I think Brock wins by TKO first round .

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

How can the author possibly put quotation marks around "Carwin will KO Brock in under 2 minutes" when it was clearly never said. As far as I can tell while reading the article Marquardt said - “I wouldn’t be surprised if he finished him in under two minutes,” Clearly they are not the same. I wouldn't want to be misquoted on a headline like that if it were me the author was quoting.

I was just about to post this. It seems to be a trend in the blogosphere these days.

Menard_StC » Posted 1/24/07 7:02:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

If he doesnt he better know how to get up because he is getting taken down....and beaten.

Very possible. Brock is a big, very strong wrestler... but I just wanted to point out that while he has easily taken down Mir and Herring, who are TERRIBLE wrestlers... the much smaller Randy Couture was able to control Brock against the cage in thier fight, and if you watch the second round, Couture stuffs one of Brock's shots easily.

It seriously looks like Bisping's TD attempt on Henderson... not even close

D0wnUnd6e6r » Posted 9/13/07 5:12:00PM

i hope so, but doubt it

teddythetuna » Posted 1/16/07 5:06:00PM

Carwin is dangerous even when he is rocked (just ask Gonzaga) so Lesnar has to be very careful in this fight. I think Brock has better wrestling and is more athletic but when both guys are throwing lunch boxes for fists its either mans fight. Someone by first rnd ko/tko

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

Posted by bigpetey22

Hes like more than a 3 to 1 dog at this point, I think its an okay idea considering people were betting on Thiago Alves to beat GSP and Griffin to beat Anderson Silva

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Pskinner_mma314 » Posted 8/2/08 4:16:00PM

Posted by KaibaThedon

Posted by bigpetey22

Hes like more than a 3 to 1 dog at this point, I think its an okay idea considering people were betting on Thiago Alves to beat GSP and Griffin to beat Anderson Silva

actually i would be willing to put money on carwin. those are not exactly good examples being as i dont think there is any way either shane or brock is gonna dominate so one sided.
-alves cant stop a gsp takedown
-griffin has a glass jaw

reasons to pick carwin, or at least have a little faith
-not too much of a size difference
-one of the the few who could, that being the keyword, stuff brocks takedown
-i dont care if lesnars knocked down all his opponents, its still sloppy as ****, carwins standup is much better

thats just a few, i've said the only person who is gonna beat lesnar is someone with good td defense and power striking, i would say submissions would be on the top of that list, but we all saw how much sand he got in his vag when he lost like that.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]