MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dream 11 Notebook: Aoki Still Eyeing B.J. Penn, UFC Lightweights   [View Full Version]
ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

TOKYO -- After wresting the lightweight title from Joachim Hansen in the final four seconds of their bout Tuesday at Dream 11, it seemed all but inevitable that Shinya Aoki would defend his new belt against deserving No. 1 contender Tatsuya Kawajiri at the Dec. 31 K-1 Dynamite event.

Instead, Aoki promised to “consider” Kawajiri's New Year’s Eve challenge, and then he took the opportunity to ridicule “Crusher's” direct request for a title shot in his post-fight comments.

“I was thinking, 'Why is he here?' I can't reply immediately,” said Aoki of the challenge before concluding that, rather than fight, he would rather take a break on Dec. 31.

Link

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

That would be a quick r1 sub I think.....however against BJ.....could be epic, let's just hope this happens before they have grandkids like Chuck and Wand!

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

I really think BJ would stomp aoki head in BJs takedown defense would stop aoki and let's face it BJ could knock aoki out worse than what saku and hellboy did combined. I would watch but imo aoki stands a vary slim chance I would like to see how he would do vs the wreslters in the ufc

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Penn round 1 knock out. Aoki would not even get close to finishing BJ.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

Yawn, Aoki, dude you're making me tired with the same bed time stories. Fight in the UFC or stop the rhetoric. That goes for all these other fighters calling people out and trash talking.

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

Let's see how good he does without his cheatie pants on

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Aoki is a good fighter but I don't feel he would fair near as well in the UFC as he has over seas.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i would be shocked to see him or gomi come to the ufc
they would be tooled!! but aoki vs penn would be a monster match

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

Aoki has nothing to gain coming to the UFC. He wouldnt get as much money, he wouldnt be recognised by the casual fan, compared to his star status in the japanese mma community, and he'd get embarrased by BJ.

[View Full Version of this Page]