MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva set for UFC 108 co-main event in January   [View Full Version]
Sinister » Posted 8/16/09 11:18:00PM

"With Quinton "Rampage" Jackson withdrawing from a December contest with Rashad Evans (13-1-1 MMA, 8-1-1 UFC) to pursue an acting role, "Sugar's" next move has been uncertain for several weeks.

That period is over."

LINK

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

no big surprise
i said this over a week ago

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I think I like Silva here.

Ground and Power-Silva
Wrestling and Speed-Evans

mshalosky » Posted 2/16/09 8:09:00PM

I think I like Silva here.

Ground and Power-Silva
Wrestling and Speed-Evans

I dont see silva getting rashad in a position where he could ground and pound him. I guess he could drop him but rashad has pretty good boxing i see a UD for rashad

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

This will be a hard one for me....head vs heart
Head = Rashad
Heart = T. Silva

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Night night Thiago. Rashad is patient, and will pick his spots wisely while Thiago swings wild. He'll leave himself open a few times and end up paying for it.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

I see Rashad finishing Thiago here. As much as i like Thiago, i see Evans finishing in similar fashion to the way Machida did.

Patience is a virtue.

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

I guess I have to say that I'd go with Rashad as well. I feel like Thiago is too plodding and sometimes he over-commits to his punches. Rashad will expose Thiago's weaknesses and possibly (T)KO him.

But I would much rather see Thiago win this fight because I dislike Rashad and kinda like Thiago.

BustedKnuckle » Posted 9/2/09 5:48:00PM

Great move on Joe Silva's part here. I will be pulling of rThiago in this one but think he has a tall order to fill. His super aggressive striking style plays right into Rashad. I hope Thiago can give Rahad his 2nd loss and KO him early in the first

[View Full Version of this Page]