MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
MFC Champ Antonio McKee: 'I'm the Best Wrestler in MMA'   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Antonio McKee has been known to fight a methodical (safe) style due to small paydays, but now that there's more money involved, he plans on shedding his reputation of decisions at Friday's MFC 22 against Carlo Prater in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

"You're going to get a standup war in this fight," said McKee, who has been undefeated since a 2003 decision loss to Karo Parisyan. "If I lose this fight it's because I stood up and I tried to bang and I got caught."

In this exclusive interview with FanHouse, McKee explains his safe fighting style in the past that sacrificed entertainment, and why he believes there is no lightweight out there that can beat him – including UFC champ BJ Penn.

STORY

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

By best, does he really mean most boring?

SamPan » Posted 2/17/09 12:13:00AM

Best at not KOing or submitting guys

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

I recommend watching McKee's old fight with Chris Brennan. It's highly satisfying.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

I wonder if he has ever heard of a guy that goes by GSP I have still never seen anyone man handle top level guys the way he does

I say GSP is the best wrestler in MMA

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Dude's trippin'.....he hasn't defeated anyone with a name big enough or with a high enough grappling pedigree to make such a statement. I don't think he would do bad in the UFC, I just don't think he would do to well. It's MMA, not wrestling!

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

I wonder if he has ever heard of a guy that goes by GSP I have still never seen anyone man handle top level guys the way he does

:

im2fast4u1981 » Posted 1/24/07 10:36:00PM

totally agree....

all thou i think mckee is a good fighter...but he dont ever try 2 finish fights

HumanTarget » Posted 4/16/08 7:47:00PM

I'm sorry, if you purposely try to lay on someone for 3 rounds I don't want to watch you. Nor will the UFC.

hotrodttt » Posted 8/25/07 6:56:00PM

It's so funny because it's not like Mckee is a bad fighter or anything, he has all of the tools to stop a fight but he doesn't. He never takes risks in his fights. And back on track of the best wrestler in mma. He definately is not. When I heard best wrestling in mma I think of guys like gsp, Miyata, and Cain Velasquez. Not him

scobac » Posted 9/9/07 5:01:00PM

Posted by hotrodttt

It's so funny because it's not like Mckee is a bad fighter or anything, he has all of the tools to stop a fight but he doesn't. He never takes risks in his fights. And back on track of the best wrestler in mma. He definately is not. When I heard best wrestling in mma I think of guys like gsp, Miyata, and Cain Velasquez. Not him

Mckee is a decent fighter but I dont think he has the tools to finish a fight, He wouldnt know a combo if it came up hit him, he does have good wrestling but thats about it, as many B level fighters as he has layed on top of he should have more than 3 sub wins. I think he is all talk and he is what he is, a lay n pray guy.

I do agree that he is for sure not the best wrestler in mma and it's laughable he would say that.

hotrodttt » Posted 8/25/07 6:56:00PM

Posted by scobac

Posted by hotrodttt

Mckee is a decent fighter but I dont think he has the tools to finish a fight, He wouldnt know a combo if it came up hit him, he does have good wrestling but thats about it, as many B level fighters as he has layed on top of he should have more than 3 sub wins. I think he is all talk and he is what he is, a lay n pray guy.

I do agree that he is for sure not the best wrestler in mma and it's laughable he would say that.

Trust me when I say he can finish fights. He gets in a lot of dominant positions but doesn't do anything with it. He could pound out or submit his opponents but it's dominatnt position before finish for McKee.

[View Full Version of this Page]