MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
'Rampage' Leaves Evans in Limbo   [View Full Version]
Sinister » Posted 8/16/09 11:18:00PM

"When rumors of Quinton Jackson’s withdrawal from their highly hyped Dec. 12 bout reached Rashad Evans, he hoped against hope the news was nothing but Internet banter.

It was not. Evans and the rest of the mixed martial art world received the news that Jackson would indeed shirk his commitment to fight Evans, his fellow coach on this season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” at UFC 107 in Memphis, Tenn. "

LINK

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

He should stop complaining if he's going to turn down fights...

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

I don't blame Evans one bit for turning down a potential fight with Couture. His reasons are legitimate and he's the one who got screwed by Rampage in this situation. Strangely enough through this whole ordeal I'm becoming more of a Rashad fan and less of a Rampage fan. A month ago I would have told you the exact opposite.

Rashad is acting like a professional, and Rampage is just going for the payout. I don't blame Rampage for taking Dana's comments personally, but Rampage is the one who invited those comments when he backed out of his commitment. Rashad is acting like a fighter, Rampage is acting like someone who does this to collect paychecks.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

Rampage is acting like someone who does this to collect paychecks.

In his defense, that's exactly what he is. He's even said it in a few interviews. I personally can't blame a guy for doing ANYTHING (legal) just for the money.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Jackelope

Rampage is acting like someone who does this to collect paychecks.

In his defense, that's exactly what he is. He's even said it in a few interviews. I personally can't blame a guy for doing ANYTHING (legal) just for the money.

Oh no, trust me.. I give Rampage props for always admitting that. I am fully aware he's said this 100 times. (If not more) I just think that his philosophy on the fight game is finally coming to a head, and Rashad is coming out looking more like a born and bred fighter than Rampage is.

Posted by Jackelope

Oh no, trust me.. I give Rampage props for always admitting that. I am fully aware he's said this 100 times. (If not more) I just think that his philosophy on the fight game is finally coming to a head, and Rashad is coming out looking more like a born and bred fighter than Rampage is.

I completely agree.

no1banger » Posted 9/14/09 1:23:00AM

Rampage is a hero to me and this is heart breaking...........does anybody know why he is retiring???????

Posted by no1banger

Rampage is a hero to me and this is heart breaking...........does anybody know why he is retiring???????

Go through the first 6 or 7 pages of this forum. You'll find related articles.

In short, he's retiring to pursue an acting career and, apparently, because he's tired of being "disrespected" by the UFC.

[View Full Version of this Page]