MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
UFC/Pride Caliber Organizations   [View Full Version]
mmadb » Posted 1/17/07 11:21:00AM

Other than the UFC and Pride what organizations would you consider as an organization that has or had top caliber fighters/cards on a regular basis?

For example, if UFC/Pride is a 10, who would you give a 7 or higher?

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

None the japanese shows are great and SF is good but no other org in the same class pridefc was or the ufc is now it will take anyone years to get where the ufc is now they laid the blue prints but it seems other orgs don't want to follow their success

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

ChokeUout » Posted 6/28/07 1:48:00PM

No other organization is even close

Thread closed

mentalcase » Posted 1/23/08 2:35:00AM

Dream kind of reminds me of pride it always has good fighters and high production value

not quite on par with pride but pretty good

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I would put Dream their.
They've had some amazing fights.

AchillesHeel » Posted 2/3/07 10:04:00AM

My rough rankings:
1. UFC
2. Pride FC
3. Dream
3a. Affliction's two cards were top-notch, but it was only 2
4. Strikeforce
5. Sengoku
6. EliteXC
7. WEC
8. IFL
9. Shooto? Not sure. I was trying to do a Top 10, if you count Affliction.

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

I would rate Strikeforce and Dream about a 6 out of 10

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

dream > SF or WVR IMO and its the next best thing to the ufc, but its still not that close or as good as pride was.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

My rough rankings:
1. UFC
2. Pride FC
3. Dream
3a. Affliction's two cards were top-notch, but it was only 2
4. Strikeforce
5. Sengoku
6. EliteXC
7. WEC
8. IFL
9. Shooto? Not sure. I was trying to do a Top 10, if you count Affliction.

I'm surprised you've got WEC so low. I have issues with the commercials and the minimal amount of fights, but usually WEC shows are highly entertaining to me. I'd place them at about the same level as Strikeforce... perhaps a little higher.

scobac » Posted 9/9/07 5:01:00PM

This is not a ufc/pride caliber org but I would like to mention the up and coming Bellator fighting championship. I think they got off to a good start and have a decent roster of fighters. I think we will be talking about BFC more in the furture after they get it going again.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Here are my current Rankings:

1. UFC
2. Dream
3. WEC
4. Strikeforce
5. Sengoku

The UFC is the undisputed leader and no one else comes close. If they are a 10 the next best is a 6.

Dream has the highest caliber division outside the UFC (the dream LW Division) and the only one that I would say could compete with a division in the UFC (I'm talking division as a whole not just an individual fighter).

The WEC has multiple top caliber divisions. LW is below the level of UFC or Dream but easily the next best. Featherweight is probably the best and being the WEC featherweight champs makes you #1 in the world. Same goes for bantamweight and in the future possibly flyweight.

Strikeforce does not have any division that is strong as a whole but they do have some big stars. Fedor, Gegard, Overeem, Werdum, Nick Diaz, Jake Shields, Robbie Lawler ect... all of these men and a few others could compete in the UFC.

Sengoku is kinda *meh* for me but a lot of people seem to like them so I put them on here.

hindsightufuk » Posted 2/8/09 1:59:00PM

i think you gotta put Shooto up there. Its the longest running organisation, and most of the great Japanese fighters have been there, likewise a lot of European and Brazillian. I would imagine because it doesnt have a high profile people will forget the caliber of fighters have been there over the years. Also believe it has hosted more events than any other org.

Also the IFC had some top notch fighters, Liddell, Griffin, Shogun, Babalu, Huerta, Horn, Ruas. I know it was fairly short lived but they actually had some awesome events.

WEC is also deep if you look at the fighters who have fought there over the years. Again so many current lightweights from Brazil/US have fought there. May not have been high profile until Zuffa took it over but again it put on some awesome shows.

Dont forget Pancrase, Cage Rage also deserves a mention. LIkely more i cant think of right now

[View Full Version of this Page]