MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 103's undercard broadcast on Spike TV earns 1.4 million viewers   [View Full Version]
ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

The UFC's first-ever Spike TV broadcast of a pay-per-view event's preliminary card drew 1.4 million viewers according to a report issued today by the cable television network.

The viewership included 1.5 rating in the coveted 18-to-34 year old male demographic, qualifying it as the No. 2 rated program in that segment.

The one-hour broadcast earned a higher rating than ESPN2's coverage of an NCAA college football game between Auburn and West Virginia during the 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET time slot.

Link

MrGreeny » Posted 2/3/07 6:06:00PM

I am eager to see how UFC 103 did against Mayweather. But i guess the PPV numbers will come some time later.

Brain_Smasher » Posted 1/27/07 9:19:00PM

I dont think the UFC can match the boxing card with UFC 103. FMJ fight just gets to much press and casual fans. 80% of the people who buy the boxing card are people who are lucky to buy 2 other PPVs the entire year. Thats why only a few boxing cards have good numbers in a given year. Yet the UFC puts up consistent numbers all year long because its fans are loyal to the sport and promotion and they get their monies worth.

Can boxing even support 15-20 PPVs like the UFC is doing each year? I dont think so. Their sport, even with 100 people holding belts. Only has maybe 5 people who can carry a PPV. So Mayweather may win this battle but its only due to everyone who follows boxing clinging to one of the few draws they have left. However, they are losing the War.

MrGreeny » Posted 2/3/07 6:06:00PM

Yeah, but i'm sure a time will come, when a mega promoted boxing fight will fail miserably because they underestimated UFC.

[View Full Version of this Page]