MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
With UFC planning to terminate contract, Frank Trigg says retirement is imminent   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

After waiting more than four years to make his return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship, veteran fighter Frank Trigg will probably be dropped from the organization once again. And if that's the case, he's likely to retire from the sport.

Trigg, a former top UFC welterweight contender, suffered a first-round TKO loss to Josh Koscheck on the main card of this past weekend's UFC 103 event in Dallas.

Following the Sept. 19 event, UFC president Dana White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Trigg probably won't get another fight in the organization. If that's the case, Trigg today said, his career is likely over.

"I think Trigg is one of those guys (like Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic)," White said after the conclusion of the UFC 103 post-fight press conference. "These (other) guys are young and explosive. There's just a whole other level of talent out there, man, and that's the way it works. That's the way this business is."

STORY

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

I've never been a big Trigg fan, but I wouldn't mind seeing him get one more shot...he was pretty much a sacrificial lamb in that Koscheck fight.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

well so much for being up there with hughes and liddell.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i feel bad for trigg, he never had a chance

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

I think they should at least give him a second fight. Losing your first fight back to Koscheck isn't too shameful. Sure he got smoked but Kos was coming off a loss, it wasn't a good matchup for Trigg. I still think he would be competitive with a lot of fighters in the WW division.

WheelchairBandit » Posted 7/14/08 1:31:00AM

He shouldn't have been fighting at welterweight.Give him one more fight and let it be at middleweight.Put him in there with Akiyama or somebody.

WB.

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

Trigg vs Cro cop....loser retires

hate4thestate » Posted 9/4/09 12:12:00AM

good call. i was really surprised to even see trigg come back in the first place. he wasnt even in that fight, koscheck dominated him as i expected. best of luck to him though.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I would like to see Trigg have at least one more fight,but with another "old timer".

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Posted by WheelchairBandit

He shouldn't have been fighting at welterweight.Give him one more fight and let it be at middleweight.Put him in there with Akiyama or somebody.

WB.

Dude....he's only 5'8"...MWs would destroy him just on size alone, I'd say have him fight at LW....if he doesn't retire though.

hate4thestate » Posted 9/4/09 12:12:00AM

Posted by mrsmiley

I would like to see Trigg have at least one more fight,but with another "old timer".

i really think hes done tho. he looked like he was done and even if he kept fighting i dont think he would go anywhere. he was nothing to prove anymore.
but if he had to maybe someone like dennis hallman?

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

along with Trigg they should also cut Crocop(retire), Horwich, Tim Mckenzie, Joe Vedepo, Chris Wilson, Caol Uno, Rob Emerson, Mccully, Markham, and Mcfedries(only until he gets some more wins and gets away from a .500 career record)

seanfu » Posted 11/4/07 10:24:00AM

Hughes vs Trigg 3

UFC 107 "Sh its and Giggles"

seanfu » Posted 11/4/07 10:24:00AM

... And I wanna see McFedries vs Leben for the cutting board... There will be tears.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

along with Trigg they should also cut Crocop(retire), Horwich, Tim Mckenzie, Joe Vedepo, Chris Wilson, Caol Uno, Rob Emerson, Mccully, Markham, and Mcfedries(only until he gets some more wins and gets away from a .500 career record)

I disagree. What's wrong with Markham....he only has two fights in yet 1 win and 1 loss....to Dan Hardy (he is legit for sure). Uno is for sure a game opponent, only has 1 fight in the UFC as well... a decision to Fisher who is pretty good. McKenzie is only one fight in as well and at his new weight class.

Horowich is gone and fighting for Bellator. Vedepo is already cut and fighting for Adrenaline MMA. CroCop wants to retire.

So I can give you Wilson (1-3 in UFC), and Rob Emerson (2-2-1 in UFC) for having that horrible new head tattoo. That's 3 (one is not worth mentioning because it's so screaming obvious!)

However I definately love the Leben vs McFedries fight idea. Although I feel like they would keep Leben regardles because that guy is exciting...every time plus he's 8-5 in the UFC over a period of 4+ years....you don't just cut a guy like that! War Leben!!

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]