MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Le Steps Down; Shields vs. Miller for 185 belt.   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker Thursday confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that his middleweight champion, Cung Le, has booked another major motion picture role and will relinquish his belt.

Jake Shields and Jason “Mayhem” Miller will now vie for the undisputed title under the eye of CBS when the two meet at the promotion’s network debut Nov. 7 at location to be announced early next week. A report on ESPN.com says the Sears Center Arena in Chicago is under intense consideration, citing sources close to the situation. The telecast will air live from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET. Coker was unaware whether the broadcast would be tape delayed to other parts of the country.

Link

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

War Mahyem! Lets see how Jake fairs against a guy who owns him standing and he cant submit.

Sinister » Posted 8/16/09 11:18:00PM

Ha, one of many steps towards making any of Strikeforces belts legit.

Nightmare27 » Posted 1/22/07 8:46:00PM

Mayhem has got this one. Le might just be done with MMA all together, sure seems that way.

TimW001 » Posted 3/30/07 6:31:00PM

That's too bad.

But ohwell, this should be fun.

xphycorx » Posted 7/3/07 12:48:00AM

cung le really disappoints me. he could be a top middleweight.

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

I like Miller in this one.

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA » Posted 1/8/08 1:42:00AM

I wanted to see cung get beat before he left

I think shields will tap miller or win a ud . Jacare will have it when its all said and done

Doneskiis » Posted 7/14/09 11:45:00PM

MAYHEM!!!!!!

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

Posted by xphycorx

cung le really disappoints me. he could be a top middleweight.

hate4thestate » Posted 9/4/09 12:12:00AM

i see alot of shields hatin? shields will dominate miller no problem. no one thought shields would beat lawler and look how that turned out.

jocka » Posted 9/6/07 12:47:00PM

Posted by hate4thestate

i see alot of shields hatin? shields will dominate miller no problem. no one thought shields would beat lawler and look how that turned out.

Well Shield's stand up is not great so i think Miller should be better on the feet plus lets say that Miller won't get stuck in a Guillotine like Lawler did.

War Miller!

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

About time (Le dropping the belt). Even better that it's on CBS on 11/7.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Rampage walks away from a fight and he gets put on blast Le walks away from a title and no hate?

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

I think everyone was waiting for SF to strip Le of the title for a long time now and we gave up, and of course Rampage was booked for a big fight and essentially walked out on Dana. Of course Mike Afromowitz is not Dana, but he also knows that perhaps by waiting for UFC to self-implode the pressure's off him and now he has control.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]