MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
GUILLARD BREAKS DOWN DIAZ   [View Full Version]
ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Melvin Guillard, 5-3 in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, headlines UFC Fight Night 19 on Sept. 16 against The Ultimate Fighter 5 winner Nate Diaz, and Guillard believes he has the style and game plan to come away with victory.

The New Orleans native would like to keep the fight standing where he feels he could score a knockout.

"As far as Nate, there's been rumors that he's been begging Dana White and Joe Silva to get him somebody that he can stand up and bang with. I'm going to see if he's a man of his word," Guillard told MMAWeekly.com. "If he really wants to get in there, we can get us the Fight of the Night, or hopefully I get a Knockout of the Night if he really wants to get in there and stand up and bang."

Link

Nightmare27 » Posted 1/22/07 8:46:00PM

Not sure if Diaz should try and bang it out when he has such an advantage on the ground. Could be a good fight if he decides to, but that is the only place that Guillard has a chance.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Diaz takes a beating when he fights looking for the submission. Don't think he's fought anyone who hits as hard as Melvin. I'm picking Nate, but I'm keeping an eye out for that KO from Guillard.

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

I think that Diaz is gonna take him down and sub him, but I wouldnt be suprised to see Melvin KO him

RyanC » Posted 8/25/09 5:08:00PM

I know it's not the popular opinion, but I actually think Melvin is gonna win this fight. I think Nate's gonna get caught with a big punch.

EvenFlow » Posted 11/9/08 6:40:00PM

Posted by gartface

Diaz takes a beating when he fights looking for the submission. Don't think he's fought anyone who hits as hard as Melvin. I'm picking Nate, but I'm keeping an eye out for that KO from Guillard.

We all know Nick has a chin and I'm not convinced on Nate's yet. I really doubt Diaz will strictly strike, only to set up takedowns or to pull guard.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by gartface

We all know Nick has a chin and I'm not convinced on Nate's yet. I really doubt Diaz will strictly strike, only to set up takedowns or to pull guard.

If you recall Nate was knocked unconscious by Pellegrino when he was in the crucifix position. I don't think his chin is nearly as good as his brother's.

[View Full Version of this Page]