MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
FRANK MIR VS CHEICK KONGO AGREED FOR UFC 107   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir is set to return to the Octagon to face French striker Cheick Kongo. Sources close to the situation confirmed to MMAWeekly.com on Thursday that the fight is verbally agreed to, but bout agreements have not been signed.

Though recent reports suggested the bout could headline UFC 105 in Manchester, England, MMAWeekly.com sources indicated that it would take place on Dec. 12 at UFC 107 in Memphis, Tenn.

STORY

Nightmare27 » Posted 1/22/07 8:46:00PM

With the addition of this fight I'd say UFC 107 is starting to shape up nicely.

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

Kongo is gonna get subbed.

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

or Mir is getting Knocked out

ace_of_god » Posted 8/17/09 1:09:00PM

I don't understand why Mir took this fight, he lost to the champion and now he is fighting gate keepers again. I would have much rather seen him have a rematch with Big Nog, Valesques or even Coulture. But instead he is fed the weak. Those big long legs of Kongo are made for a ground guy like Mir to break I see a 2nd round sub for Frank.

BustedKnuckle » Posted 9/2/09 5:48:00PM

Ehh Kongo really isnt a gatekeeper IMO. He is still evolving as a fighter and has a good chance to beat Mir. That being said, Frank will most likely win the fight via sub.

runningman08 » Posted 8/9/08 12:37:00AM

This could go two ways. Kongo by KO. or mir by submission. If mir is smart he will take this to the ground but i can almost guarantee that he will try to show everyone his striking and he will come out will 2 lazy jabs and a weak leg kick and get knocked out. I want to see mir win but sometimes he needs to think about fighting smart. His boxing he used against Nog wont work with kongo.

[View Full Version of this Page]