MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dan Henderson Not Currently Signed to UFC   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Shootin down a rumor. Dan Henderson won't fight Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in his next fight. In fact, his next fight might not be in the UFC...

STORY

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Well that sucks.

It would be a serious mistake if the UFC doesnt re-sign him.

Wolf » Posted 1/14/07 11:32:00PM

not sure I trust this. The UFC isn't in the habit of having it's top fighters fight the last fight on their contract without renewing first.

EvenFlow » Posted 11/9/08 6:40:00PM

I'm not gonna say I want Hendo to leave but I like the idea of a top fighter or two leaving. I dont want the UFC to monopolize the entire game, other organizations need top fighters too and everyone already knows the UFC = NHL. I'd be pissed if I was Hendo, hes easily next in line (sorry Marquardt fans or sympathizers) and Dans getting the cold shoulder here not getting the shot, having to rematch Lil Nog and in England of all places to someone he'd probably lose to again. What a weak deal, even Marquardt vs Hendo in Vegas would make more sense even though I dont agree with that matchup.

Best of luck to you Hendo, thanks for the greatest KO ever

Sinister » Posted 8/16/09 11:18:00PM

I don't really believe this either unless they really tried to force the Marquardt fight on him. Bloodyelbow isnt always the best source

1daveufc » Posted 12/28/08 12:59:00PM

Posted by EvenFlow

I'm not gonna say I want Hendo to leave but I like the idea of a top fighter or two leaving. I dont want the UFC to monopolize the entire game, other organizations need top fighters too and everyone already knows the UFC = NHL. I'd be pissed if I was Hendo, hes easily next in line (sorry Marquardt fans or sympathizers) and Dans getting the cold shoulder here not getting the shot, having to rematch Lil Nog and in England of all places to someone he'd probably lose to again. What a weak deal, even Marquardt vs Hendo in Vegas would make more sense even though I dont agree with that matchup.

i get what your saying about monopolize the entire game but whats the story with england of all places?

EvenFlow » Posted 11/9/08 6:40:00PM

Posted by 1daveufc

Posted by EvenFlow

i get what your saying about monopolize the entire game but whats the story with england of all places?

Look at it this way, why embrace the bad guy image that the English fans would give him fighting in England? I also dont think he wants to fight a guy who already beat him and probably would again. Nothing against the English but the place might riot if Hendo won over there. Like I said none of those matchups make sense to me, and the one in England makes the least sense of the two because (1) Why fight overseas with less exposure and no ppv profit when you dont have to, no offense its just that America is the UFC's home (2) Possible jetlag (3) Theres noting really to gain from that fight except revenge and (4) Why deal with a fanbase who wants him to lose and will obviously boo him for knocking out a guy who deserved it.

Thats just my opinion on it.

cloud301336 » Posted 7/24/07 12:31:00AM

umm if he was a free agent how come he was slated to fight franklin a second time???? doesn't make sense to me?

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

given the fact he fought will out signing new contract i doubt it
dana would not let him walk or fight his last fight on old contract without a new one already to go
hendo is smart he would stay with the ufc anyways

Nightmare27 » Posted 1/22/07 8:46:00PM

Im sorry to say it but f*ck the UFC, they promise him a title shot if he does the show and wins. What does he do? He goes out and smashes Bisping, and now they wont give him his shot. Go to Strikeforce and take their MW strap and get more money doing it. At least thats what I'd feel like doing, their showing him no respect if this report is true.

Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

They were probably hoping he would lose to bisping so they could cut a good chunk of his contract money before they resigned him. Sucks but hopefully they get the deal done and hes back in the UFC

[View Full Version of this Page]