MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Could a "Big" Referee Return To UFC In October?   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

If the CSAC makes it so via referee assignments, maybe. That today is according to veteran referee "Big" John McCarthy on possibly returning to UFC at UFC 104 in Los Angeles. California is one of a few states McCarthy is currently licensed in, meaning he could work the UFC event, but says it's up to the CSAC and there's no guarantee he'll be used.

Article

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

And for those wondering, Nevada is NOT one of the states he's currently licensed in, so he can't work any MMA events in the state at this time.

Brain_Smasher » Posted 1/27/07 9:19:00PM

I could have swore i saw him at UFC 102...

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

I really hope they bring him back, and honestly I would REALLY like to see Athletic commissions giving this guy job training other referees, because a lot of the officials in the game today BADLY need a lesson from a ref of Big John's caliber.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

it would be nice if big john was back, the ufc needs another good ref these days

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Posted by Aether

I really hope they bring him back, and honestly I would REALLY like to see Athletic commissions giving this guy job training other referees, because a lot of the officials in the game today BADLY need a lesson from a ref of Big John's caliber.

Best statement I have heard concerning a big change for MMA! Have retired fighters judge fights also.

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

Personally I could care less if they don't use him for the show, as long as you have someone like Herb Dean (who I'd assume is also liscenced in CA) on the card and you're fine.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by Khaos

Personally I could care less if they don't use him for the show, as long as you have someone like Herb Dean (who I'd assume is also liscenced in CA) on the card and you're fine.

Problem is...1 ref doesn't usually do all of the fights.

[View Full Version of this Page]